buildcubemaps doesn't work for me

echeese

L1: Registered
May 21, 2013
Ever since the SteamPipe update, the tools have been all wonky for me. I have no idea of how I fixed the visible clip brushes or the missing material problems, but now when I buildcubemaps, the cubemaps turn out black. Yeah, I disabled mat_specular, and switched maps and reloaded all materials. They are the skybox by default, but after running buildcubemaps, they are just black. I verified this by extracting the VTFs from the BSP and every single one of them is a 32x32 black square (with 6 faces that are also black)

Any idea of how to fix this>

blablubde

Jun 4, 2013
i've now finally made it to the next version of my map, but im having the exact same problem as the thread creator.
the last time i had created a "final" map version was before the steampipe update. so i suspect this to be the problem.

blablubde

Jun 4, 2013
does no one have an idea?
i just can't find the error. i've taken a look inside the bsp, and guess what, there are cubemap files, but they are all black. not like in other maps where you can see a "real" image.

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
What resolution do you have on your monitor? If it's too low, might cause an issue like that.

blablubde

Jun 4, 2013
i've managed to fix it.

all i did was delete the already built in cubemaps in the bsp and then it would let me create and save new ones.