buildcubemaps doesn't work for me

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by echeese, May 21, 2013.

1. echeese

echeese L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ever since the SteamPipe update, the tools have been all wonky for me. I have no idea of how I fixed the visible clip brushes or the missing material problems, but now when I buildcubemaps, the cubemaps turn out black. Yeah, I disabled mat_specular, and switched maps and reloaded all materials. They are the skybox by default, but after running buildcubemaps, they are just black. I verified this by extracting the VTFs from the BSP and every single one of them is a 32x32 black square (with 6 faces that are also black)

Any idea of how to fix this>

2. blablubde

blablubde L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    i've now finally made it to the next version of my map, but im having the exact same problem as the thread creator.
    the last time i had created a "final" map version was before the steampipe update. so i suspect this to be the problem.

3. blablubde

Positive Ratings:
    does no one have an idea?
    i just can't find the error. i've taken a look inside the bsp, and guess what, there are cubemap files, but they are all black. not like in other maps where you can see a "real" image.

4. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    What resolution do you have on your monitor? If it's too low, might cause an issue like that.

5. blablubde

Positive Ratings:
    it's been working all the time.
    its 1920x1080, so, pretty much standard.

6. blablubde

Positive Ratings:
    i've managed to fix it.

all i did was delete the already built in cubemaps in the bsp and then it would let me create and save new ones.