Buildcubemaps and pakrat won't work

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by wiseguy149, Jun 17, 2010.

1. wiseguy149

wiseguy149 Emperor of Entities and Amateur of Aesthetics

Positive Ratings:
    I have no clue what is happening to my map. When I type buildcubemaps in the console, it gives me this error message:

Current mod isn't in a subdirectory of "game"!
    *** Error: Skybox vtf files for sky_trainyard_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
    Can't load skybox file sky_trainyard_01 to build the default cubemap!

I know those skybox error messages are normal, but the subdirectory of game one is not (for me).

Also, if I attempt to open the map with pakrat, I get a window like this but not the window to add files.
    [​IMG]
    Yet pakrat opens up any other map just fine

Does anyone know wtf is going on?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  2. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    That's normal (from my experience anyway). Whenever I get it I just load another map and then reload mine, as one usually does after building cubemaps, and it works fine.

No idea on the Pakrat thing, sorry...

3. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    the skybox thing pretty much almost always happens to me, it's totally normal

4. wiseguy149

Positive Ratings:
    I see those second two error lines all the time, but that first one is completely new. And loading other maps still doesn't fix it.

5. Beetle

Beetle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Its definitely normal and has always done that for as long as I can remember. Just do what PL says which you would need to do with every map you make anyway.

edit: even the subdirectory part

6. wiseguy149

Positive Ratings:
    I tried loading another map and then reloading mine and it still doesn't work.