.bsp Packing Issues (Pakrat & PackBSP)

butter_milch

L1: Registered
Feb 13, 2011
I tried using Pakrat and PackBSP but none would work.

I've made some custom sprites (for a sprite trail) and they work perfectly. But when I try to pack them they simply don't find their way into the .bsp file and are replaced by pink (pure pink, can't see any squares) textures.

Other custom textures (water, logo and text with alpha channel) and models work, but sound files (.mp3) and sprites don't.

I have no idea what could be causing this problem. Any help is appreciated.

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
While using PakRat, did you just click Auto? If so, try packing the missing files manually.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I've made some custom sprites (for a sprite trail) and they work perfectly

If it's for env_spritetrail, then PackBSP should be detecting it if Hammer gives you a file browser for it. (Or do you mean a a custom particle in a PCF?)

butter_milch

Feb 13, 2011
Ok, now they're in the .bsp file but the map won't use them (after using Auto to pack them - normally I'd manually pack them).

This goes for custom sprites, sounds and models. Standard textures work just fine.

I checked the file paths within the .bsp and everything seems to be fine there. I have no idea what's going wrong and I really need to know what's wrong.

Last edited:

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
No, I've packed sounds loads of times. All I can say is that you should try wav format, iirc mp3 doesn't really work (or there was some other issue with it.. I remember I had a good reason to not use mp3 at least).

Never used custom sprites, but I can't see a reason why I would be a problem.

butter_milch

Feb 13, 2011
Wow, what a load of bs o_O

I changed the path of the used sprite textures from "custom/laser" to "sprites/" (changing the path in the .vmts accordingly) and they work perfectly.

Meh! -.-