Bsp file is not created

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Graffiti, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Graffiti

Graffiti L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Bsp file is not created. Help me

logs

2. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Overlay touching too many faces (touching 66, max 64)
    Overlay nature/dirtroad006 at -1149.5 6853.4 -240.0

This is your issue. It's a fatal error. It may not seem like it's on that many faces, but during compile brushes are split up a lot and displacements have a face for each triangle, so it can increase pretty quickly.

Simply remaking the overlay can work sometimes, if that doesn't work you will need to re arrange the geometry that it's projected on to reduce the faces it's touching.

3. Chronicius

Chronicius L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    There be a void of mystery beyond the scope of the provided log

dare i guess that thy overlay is stretched across complex grounds?

A surface, where triangulation exceeds a power of 3?

A mere graphic visualization of the problematique shall suffice in determining the wrongdoings on which we are pondering.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Copy the Overlay to the exact same spot and make it that the first Overlay uses one half of faces and the second one uses the other half.
    Except if its on a displacement...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    This error can also happen if you have one giantic brush with an overlay asigned.
    Let's say you have one giant brush for the floor, since your map is all flat. In this case, this brush can't have an overlay, even if the overlay isn't streatched all over the place.

6. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    If it's a sign or something, make a 1 unit thick brush and put the overlay on that.

If it's tire tracks on a displacement, either reduce the power of the displacement or make it take up a physically bigger area to spread it out a bit.

edit - actually read the log and the overlay in use and yeah it's tire tracks. :O