Brushes showing outside of skybox

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Sacrifist, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Sacrifist

Sacrifist L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Anyone know how to fix this? This brush is behind 2 skybox brushes and is still showing up after a full compile. How can I hide it?
    [​IMG]

2. spaceweasels

aa spaceweasels

Positive Ratings:
    Can you put a nodraw texture on it?

3. fartron

fartron L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Sky brushes don't block things behind them. You could fix it with an area portal, to keep the far side from rendering, but it might seem odd to players why they can't see that part of the map over the wall. It might work better just to raise the wall, but I can't really tell from that shot where things are.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  4. Sacrifist

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks guys. I think Im just gonna have to raise that wall.

5. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Alternatively... you can use 3D skybox to raise the wall or put decorative stuff on top of it to block the view.

6. Shmitz

aa Shmitz Old Hat

Positive Ratings:
    That wouldn't work. The engine always renders things in the real world in front of anything in the skybox.

7. Sacrifist

Positive Ratings:
    I just ended up raising the wall. Im satisfied with it so all is good. Btw, here is how it came out. This is my update to 2fort_classic btw. I gave it a theme out of boredom. Plus I wanted to make a spillway/waterfall. None of it is playable, all just for show lol. You can dl it at fpsbanana
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008