1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Brushes and some displacements (And props) not showing up when submerged in water?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Dog.vtf, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Dog.vtf

Dog.vtf L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    (FIRSTOFALLIWANTTOCLARIFYTHATTHISISN'TUSINGTHETF2HAMMERITSACTUALLYGMODBUTICOULDN'TFINDAPLACETOPOSTTHEPROBLEMSOI'MPOSTINGITHERE... Just saying, If you know of a good place just reply it.)

So I'm having this problem in an underwater tunnel, Where brushes, props, and some displacements aren't showing up when you are above the water, but when you are underwater they show up just fine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

2. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Are you compiling with VVIS disabled? If VVIS isn't running, then water won't appear, as well as most objects submerged in it.

3. Dog.vtf

Positive Ratings:
    How do you tell? Is that VIS or is that something in Expert?

4. Da Spud Lord

Positive Ratings:
    Under "Run VIS" in the Run Map dialog, you control whether VVIS runs on normal, fast, or not at all. Either normal or fast will make water appear properly.

5. Dog.vtf

Positive Ratings:
    Then yes, It is enabled. And I'm running it on normal

6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Do you have a leak? VVis wont be able to do its job if there is one.

7. Da Spud Lord

Positive Ratings:
    Leaks only prevent VVIS from calculating visibility, VVIS can still technically do things like adding water, etc.

8. Dog.vtf

Positive Ratings:
    There is a leak(s) i dunno.

But i can't solve one with a light. It has the pointfile go from the light and out of the bounce infinitely through the wall.

9. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    Displacements, brush entities and brushes with transparent materials do no seal the map. Try sealing it with a layer of nodraw.