I've been using propper to turn medium or small brushes with high face-counts into models in a map I'm making. I know propper is a rather old program to get this job done, but I know already how to use it so it was out of convenience for me at the time. It seems that the lighting on these models is very inconsistent and is based on where the model is placed in relation to light sources. Those two cupboard handles that are weirdly black are a propper-made custom model. As you can see, they are receiving improper lighting information. (Yes, I have already tried an info_lighting, but this seems to do absolutely nothing to change the lighting at all, almost as though the model is ignoring the light origin set to it entirely) The strange thing is that the other cupboard handles are also this exact same model, but their lighting is just fine, and looks exactly like it looked before these small brushes were turned into models. Here are some other examples: The handle for the right-side closet door suffers from this same issue, but just in case you thought this was a problem that only occurred in a single way: This is one of my room door handles, and it's not mostly dark, but instead abnormally bright. Now, the reason it's bright and not dark might be because the model was made with the texture metal/metalchrome001 on it (same as the metal plate the door handle rests upon, so you can see the lighting it should have). Does anyone have any ideas of how I can approach this problem? I'm genuinely stumped, as light origin shenanigans was all I really had up my sleeve in terms of knowledge to try and troubleshoot this behavior in the map. In case it's relevant, the process I go through to make a brush model is very wonky itself, and absolutely not the best way to do it, which I admit. I've just yet to really hunker down and figure out a more streamlined way than what I was used to a long time ago. I open Source SDK and open hammer in a pre-established custom propper-use configuration that runs on the 2007 source engine. I then open the same vmf I was working on, manually transfer the .vtf and .vmt files (after extracting them via GCFScape) from the tf2 directory to the sourcemods propper directory and place them back into the respective locations (metal/*, wood/*, etc) to get specifically just the textures I need to be recognized by the outdated source engine hammer configuration, and do the regular propper compile process, then take the outputted models and materials files and simply paste them back into my tf2 directory in their necessary locations. I've done this process on a larger model, the size of an entire door, and the lighting appears on it perfectly fine, as though it was still made out of brushes, in case anyone thought perhaps this happened with every model produced in this unorthodox fashion via propper. Many thanks for any tips or pointers of where I can start to try and resolve this.