Brush Errors

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Eyce, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Eyce

Eyce L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those strips there are essentially behaving like a nodraw, going off into the abyss and drawing what's behind it- in this case, spawn room.

The kicker is though, there's no such strip in hammer, you'd think there's something wrong with the brush. However, I haven't touched either of the brushes for many compiles, and it was fine until a second compile of the same vmf.

Anybody got any ideas why this is happening?

2. Eyce

Eyce L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    After doing some investigating, the narrow brush in the second image with the light texture is the cause... But I don't know why this happens.

When said brush is a world brush, the two blue brushes near it behave fine. However, when the narrow brush becomes a func_detail, then this problem happens.

...So what's the reasoning to this strange behaviour?

3. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    This probably won't shed enough light on the problem, but what happens when you run mat_wireframe 2?

4. Player1

Player1 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Here's another post about the samething; http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=21352.

I had something similar (the entire brush looked liked it was nodraw) a while ago, I just copied the entire map to a new vmf, and that fixed it. But that was before steampeep.