Brush Edge Issues

D

-deleted-

So I'm relatively new to 'serious' mapping, I've had the SDK for about a year but haven't done much with it.
While trying some stuff out with bots, I noticed white dots around the edges of brushes in a few places. In hammer they do align perfectly, so I'm really not sure what's causing it.
JMQnY.jpg

Using a GTX 660m if that helps at all, if anyone needs more specs just say so.

Thanks alot in advance!

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Are they displacements? If so then sew them. Otherwise, give up.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Try remaking the offending brushes. I can't really think of anything else, apart from trying to combine them in different ways. Looks like a VBSP derp.

Beetle

L9: Fashionable Member
Aug 17, 2008
I feel like I heard of this happening sometimes when you have really large brushes, like a floor covering a large area. If what Aly says doesn't work, you could also try cutting the brush into two pieces right where that "seam" is.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Floating point inaccuracies can cause problems when going from vertexes to planes and back. I once had a brush that became invalid at compile/save time due to this.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
I almost want to suggest opening the VMF in Notepad and searching for the brush number to see if any of the coordinates aren't whole numbers but that sounds insane. Plus I don't actually know if it's possible to find the ID of a specific brush.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
The vmf does contain the brush number. The problem is that the vmf doesn't store vertex positions, it stores plane definitions.