Brink

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DJive, May 9, 2011.

1. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Last topic was in Sept and being that the game is coming out tomorrow..

Who is getting this?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I have been keeping a weather eye on it. I will probably end up buying it, but i certainly wont without a review or a demo.

It was getting on my nerves the trailer i saw though, which had the text on screen saying things like "Smooth, naturalistic movement" while the character flapped their arms at a wall that they couldve grabbed at but the collision was fucked.

The lack of female characters doesnt bother me. I was dreading every third character having Double-D cups and a skirt like a belt. Seriously, guys, do you want gaming to be taken seriously as an artform, or do you want ANOTHER place to see tits?

Mind you, i loved Mirrors Edge. Mirrors Edge had somewhere in it the best game ever. And an awful, awful lot of suck. But hey.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  3. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Ya people are upset for lack of female and I as well could care less lol.

there are a TON of sites streaming the game right now if you are looking for more gameplay and less marketing gameplay =)

4. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I got it from D2D for literally 50% off the Steam price. After struggling with that godawful website for hours, having to resort to Steff0o gifting it because they wanted to call me on my goddamn phone AND THAT DIDN'T WORK AND I--

Sorry, let's just say I won't be a returning customer.

Anyway, Brink looked like a pretty fun game to me. I was on the fence, but due to the price, I decided to get it, since it seems to deal with the issue of teamplay remarkably well. The only truly negative side of it I've seen so far is that it's released three days later in Europe, which for an online multiplayer game frankly is absurd these days. I'm also a little worried that it might be too slow, but it still looks a hell of a lot better than the last military shooter. Other than that, I'm excited to see what Brink has to offer, and I hope to play with some of you guys.

5. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    I can find a %25 coupon for d2d but thats the highest (lowest) I've seen =(

6. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    The UK version was already 25% off (30£, down from 40£) and then the coupon code took away another 25% so I ended up with 22.5£. Also factor in Steam's overpricing for Euros (they're still doing that whole 1$ = 1€ thing, so Brink is 50€).

Regardless, if you use the coupon code on the US version, it ends up being priced about the same as the UK version, so no matter where you are you can get it pretty cheap.

7. Da_Man

Da_Man L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I preordered it. I've been looking for something to really sink my teeth into, since Summer break is around the corner. looks cool, especially the character creation. I already now my character is going to look like Gordon Freeman with aviators and a fedora, exactly like all my characters in other games. It's kinda weird really.

8. Omnomnick

Omnomnick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I pre-ordered it on Steam, got it pre-loaded. But I'm EU so I'll have to wait until Friday to play it.

Oh well, let me get back to my cheap games marathon, Battlefield BC2 Vietnam and Crysis 1 here I come :D

9. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    I don't have high hopes for it really. While it has perks, some form of different classes, and cool movement mechanics, every weapon looks like a boring assault rifles like a tf2 game where everyone is a heavy.

10. Da_Man

Positive Ratings:
    To be fair, there is also the scout with boring pistols and SMGs.

I'm happy everything isn't desaturated and grey. Reminds me a lot of mirror's Edge, which isn't a bad thing.

11. ardysqrrl

ardysqrrl L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    can I make customs for it

this is kind of a deal-maker-or-breaker for me

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    I can see why they hired Fishbus. The maps in this game are basically made up of mini-Steels, with optional objectives.

I live on the west coast, which means I get to play at 9PM instead of midnight like you easterners :p

Gonna be playing Security Operative

13. Da_Man

Positive Ratings:
    West coast high five!

14. Eyce

Eyce L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  15. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I Lol'd...

and dear god, 90 dollars o.o

16. Eyce

Eyce L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I preordered it last year when it was still $49.99 USD.

17. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'll have to hear if it doesn't suck

18. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
  19. Boylee

aa Boylee pew pew pew

Positive Ratings:
  20. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach