Brink anyone?

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
Anyone else waiting for Brink to be released?

If you don't know what Brink is, look here

If you don't want to watch the videos, Brink is a mixture of Mirror's edge (the parkour side) and an objective oriented FPS (the objectives look lazier then CSS, so I'm going to say TF2. There is also a class system and loads of hat :))

//Edit

Found an interview off their twitter. Here. They seem to have pulled great level designers for Brink (EX: One of the reasons we did Container City, which incidentally is made by the same guy that made Dust [Counterstrike level of legend- .ed])

Also, the twitter account

Last edited:

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
It'll all depend on the multiplayer gameplay and whether new players get stomped because they haven't unlocked things.

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
I've been following this for a while now, I'm actually genuinely excited about it. It's one of the few most recent shooters to try something different for a change and that I applaud.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
So, Mirror's Edge meets Team Fortress, in a setting like Waterworld, using Steamworks? Color me interested. I'm not sure what they mean about single-player and multiplayer integration, though. They seem to take a lot of time not explaining what they're talking about there.

And unfortunately, if it has even a nominal single-player mode, I can guarantee Yahtzee will only review that and ignore all the real content, just to be an ass. The only games I know of where he's even tried multiplayer are TF2 and console exclusives with local multiplayer/co-op. I kind of rely on him to tell me if a game is worth trying; it's a good way to keep my gaming budget low.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
This is a game for people who play Far Cry 2 and slide everywhere. This is a game for pros.

Mar 23, 2010
looks promising, but i cant help but think its gonna be a bit of a disappointment.

Fun fact of the day: Fishbus (Maker of Steel and Freight) is working on this game.

wow thanks. you are so in the know and smart.

Numerous

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 14, 2009
I like how they have "SMART", basically as a sprint button, except with climbing abilities and whatnot.

What bugs me, though, is that while they DO show their innovation/gimmick (most likely the former), they don't show the general flavour of the other 90% of the game. So it's class-based, but will it be more TF2-mirrors-edge or more L4D-mirrors-edge? Or will it be daikatana-mirrors-edge?

Last edited:

Jimmy

L420: High Member
Jul 6, 2009
Been looking out for this game for months, looks lovely. Wondering how it will actually play though. I just want it to go down a tad in price, its like £35 on steam D: though it's cool some famous mappers are involved!

Nathan Quake

L1: Registered
May 8, 2010
I think I made a post like this a while back. They said it'd be released in September 2009, so its been a long wait. Definitely looking forward to it.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
I worry it'll be TF2's "hat" situation from day one, and you won't be able to tell what you're looking at except that it's not on your team and therefore must be shot.

And unfortunately, if it has even a nominal single-player mode, I can guarantee Yahtzee will only review that and ignore all the real content

I think he assumes (understandably, but increasingly wrongly) that if a game has both Single- and Multi-player components, the Singleplayer campaign is supposed to be the real draw. (Consider: Bad Company 2.)

Ginger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 29, 2010
It sure does look promising, im looking forward to using the customization, and also their SMART movement technology

Exist

Oct 31, 2009
I think if they release an sdk, I'll be one of the first people to try to do a zero-g level, cause that would really expand the gameplay. Then again, that'd be a ***** to create.

lana

Currently On: ?????
aa
Sep 28, 2009
looks promising, but i cant help but think its gonna be a bit of a disappointment.

You can't be serious. It's a game with guys dressed in hip clothes running about in a dynamic environment with singleplayer/multiplayer integration. I think all your points are attached to a bulletin board of wrong.

Exist

Oct 31, 2009
If you can snipe in it, I may try it! :D

Off a tweet, they say most of the maps are very close, which (according to them) doesn't allow for sniping. I think the game is supposed to be more like guerilla tactics then the whole camping scenario. But like always, people will quick scope, people will find sightlines, and people will ruin fun. Such is life :p

Also
HaEcx4h

Post count was not found.

Last edited: