Brink anyone?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Exist, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Exist

Exist L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Anyone else waiting for Brink to be released?

If you don't know what Brink is, look here

If you don't want to watch the videos, Brink is a mixture of Mirror's edge (the parkour side) and an objective oriented FPS (the objectives look lazier then CSS, so I'm going to say TF2. There is also a class system and loads of hat :))

//Edit

Found an interview off their twitter. Here. They seem to have pulled great level designers for Brink (EX: One of the reasons we did Container City, which incidentally is made by the same guy that made Dust [Counterstrike level of legend- .ed])

Also, the twitter account

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. honorum646

honorum646 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think I just jizzed... in... my pants.

3. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    It'll all depend on the multiplayer gameplay and whether new players get stomped because they haven't unlocked things.

4. Rasputin

Rasputin L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've been following this for a while now, I'm actually genuinely excited about it. It's one of the few most recent shooters to try something different for a change and that I applaud.

5. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    So, Mirror's Edge meets Team Fortress, in a setting like Waterworld, using Steamworks? Color me interested. I'm not sure what they mean about single-player and multiplayer integration, though. They seem to take a lot of time not explaining what they're talking about there.

And unfortunately, if it has even a nominal single-player mode, I can guarantee Yahtzee will only review that and ignore all the real content, just to be an ass. The only games I know of where he's even tried multiplayer are TF2 and console exclusives with local multiplayer/co-op. I kind of rely on him to tell me if a game is worth trying; it's a good way to keep my gaming budget low.

6. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Fun fact of the day: Fishbus (Maker of Steel and Freight) is working on this game.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  7. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    This is a game for people who play Far Cry 2 and slide everywhere. This is a game for pros.

8. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    looks promising, but i cant help but think its gonna be a bit of a disappointment.

wow thanks. you are so in the know and smart.

9. Numerous

Numerous L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like how they have "SMART", basically as a sprint button, except with climbing abilities and whatnot.

What bugs me, though, is that while they DO show their innovation/gimmick (most likely the former), they don't show the general flavour of the other 90% of the game. So it's class-based, but will it be more TF2-mirrors-edge or more L4D-mirrors-edge? Or will it be daikatana-mirrors-edge?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  10. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    i'm looking forward to this. should be good.

11. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    I'm checking the website from time to time. Sure looks nice.

12. Jimmy

Jimmy L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Been looking out for this game for months, looks lovely. Wondering how it will actually play though. I just want it to go down a tad in price, its like £35 on steam D: though it's cool some famous mappers are involved!

13. Nathan Quake

Nathan Quake L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I think I made a post like this a while back. They said it'd be released in September 2009, so its been a long wait. Definitely looking forward to it.

14. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    I worry it'll be TF2's "hat" situation from day one, and you won't be able to tell what you're looking at except that it's not on your team and therefore must be shot.

I think he assumes (understandably, but increasingly wrongly) that if a game has both Single- and Multi-player components, the Singleplayer campaign is supposed to be the real draw. (Consider: Bad Company 2.)

15. Ginger

Ginger L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    It sure does look promising, im looking forward to using the customization, and also their SMART movement technology

16. Exist

Positive Ratings:
    I think if they release an sdk, I'll be one of the first people to try to do a zero-g level, cause that would really expand the gameplay. Then again, that'd be a ***** to create.

17. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    You can't be serious. It's a game with guys dressed in hip clothes running about in a dynamic environment with singleplayer/multiplayer integration. I think all your points are attached to a bulletin board of wrong.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  18. Mr.Blob

Mr.Blob L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    If you can snipe in it, I may try it! :D

19. WastedMeerkat

WastedMeerkat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Everything should be good. That way, there wouldn't be anything bad.

20. Exist

Positive Ratings:

Off a tweet, they say most of the maps are very close, which (according to them) doesn't allow for sniping. I think the game is supposed to be more like guerilla tactics then the whole camping scenario. But like always, people will quick scope, people will find sightlines, and people will ruin fun. Such is life :p

Also
    [​IMG]
    Post count was not found.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011