Brigid is dead

Should I abandon this map?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhoWee!

L?: Creator of Ideas, Not Projects
Jan 12, 2018
Im probably just gonna abandon it for a couple of reasons.

1. I was way in over my head, because i dont know what i was thinking when i made this map.
2. Its too rectangular, and i dont know how im going to make it less rectangular at this point.
3. I kinda lost inspiration, because of most of the things that i did wrong in this map.

If you want to help me or just take over the map (which i wouldn't recommend) just add me on steam and we can talk.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/qwertyuioplamzgd/

Bye for now!

(this is the last version i will be posting unless things change)

Attachments

• koth_brigid_a7.bsp
    4.8 MB · Views: 65
Mar 23, 2013
Well sometimes a project just doesnt work out. It's ok to scrap it . While it then feels like you wasted your time you probably still got some mapping experience out of it then can only be helpful for future maps.

If you want others to adope the map go to the Orphaned Maps Repository Forum here. Though not every map has to be put up there. If its filled with a bunch of beginner mistakes maybe its better to just leave it and start something new.

Harritron

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 26, 2017
I’ve had plenty of maps that I could have significantly improved on (trust me, a couple of my maps on the steam workshop are terrible, just that I didn’t know it at the time) or ones that I had abandoned altogether. The experience that you get from these allows your next map to only improve in quality.

Someday, maybe you can come back to this, taking the experience you learn with your next few maps, and redesign this one and turn it into something great. Overall, I would say abandon it for now, and come back to it later once you make some more maps.