Brewing

CP Brewing a2b

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
5CP map set around a beer brewery. Each base is a passenger rocket launch site.

This is my first published 'normal' map so I am open to all criticism no matter how large or small the amount. If you think something should be different, tell me and explain why. I value all feedback.

The cliff brushes are placeholders for future displacements. Don't worry, I am not keeping them.

The map has been repacked so does not need to be inside a BZ2.

Screenshots below as they can't be uploaded to the site right now.

Screenshots of version a1

RiyMsrQ.jpg
VKA1Uv8.jpg
R0eGPCJ.jpg
L0hEmYt.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
I don't think this is your fault, the sites image upload is broken, could you mirror the screenshots for now with an imgur album?

I'll be sure to run around the map here in a minute then edit this post.

Gameplay edit: So I think you have a great start, your map is just devoid of any health pack above small. Here's a few area's I thought could use some health and ammo. Mediums generally, it was (in the moment) a little annoying not finding good sources of ammo as an engineer, making pushing forward difficult.

http://i.imgur.com/gp3Vlqp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vmDx2RF.jpg

These two areas could really use some love in the form of pickups.

http://i.imgur.com/hS07XNC.jpg

This place especially, there's pretty much nothing down here other than route.

As for how it played I'd look over the two demo's, I left a lot of comments.

Last edited:

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Hi, Maccy. Yes, this has been in an impromptu testing session twice. I have claimed the map in a group on the feedback page. Feel free to download the map and the two demos and tell me what you think, or leave feedback on the map's feedback page. Or petition for it to be included in an imp if you think it should be tested some more.

Thanks to all the people who have play tested the map and left feedback so far. The quality and amount of feedback was very good. I will not release an updated version for a while, due to the 72hr competition, and also because any changes I make will be large. However, I would like more play testing done on this a1 version, preferably with a mix of people who are new to it, and people who have already played on it, so that I can be sure I am acting on a good range of opinions. I won't push for it to be tested soon because I don't want to wear people out, and there are a lot of maps to test!

Last edited:

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Oh you uploaded this! I'm glad you got around to releasing it, can't wait until a2.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
All of the feedback I received from people who play tested version a1 was useful. Thank you to all of you who played my map, and to all of you who told me what you thought about it.

Version a2 was built from scratch. It was easier than altering version a1, because the feedback I received and my resulting design decisions necessitated a lot of changes of dimensions and passages.

I will leave the details of what has changed to the discussion portion of this download, as I intend to write about how I responded to feedback and how it influenced the design.

Versions a2 and a2a were never uploaded to the web site, so I am uploading a2a for history. I'm about to upload a2b.

Read the rest of this update entry...

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
Minor modifications to routes and spaces, from feedback:

Added nobuild to tanks above mid doorways.
Removed underground bypass from 3 to 5.
Removed underground route from below 5 to behind 5.
Added cover to 4 to make it more enjoyable for vulnerable players.

a2b was a quick edit that addressed the largest and easiest-to-fix gripes of play testers of a2a. They should change the action around 5 a lot, since attackers can no longer bypass 4 on their way to 5 from their 2nd forward spawn, and they can no longer flank underneath defenders at 5 and come out behind them.

Read the rest of this update entry...