KotH Breaking News V3

It's kinda like Die Hard, exept in tf2

1. fynd

fynd L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Breaking News - It's kinda like Die Hard

(KOTH) Breaking News is my first ever made map, well cant really say "made" as it's still untextured and left without most props, in the future playtest i'll try to use the feedback to improve it.

It's a work in progress, small, city themed map.

The map has a few good spots for snipers and might be a hell to play if you dont like getting pushed off the cliffs by scouts and pyros.

2. fynd

Positive Ratings:
  3. PossessedInkieShark

PossessedInkieShark L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    For a symmetrical game mode this map is quite asymmetric. This would create balance issues as one team would have an advantage. I suggest making this a map with mirrored symmetry since that is what it appears to be closest to at the moment (judging from the screenshots)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. fynd

Positive Ratings:
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  5. fynd

Positive Ratings:
  6. Infomaniac

Infomaniac L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    BREAKING NEWS!
    This map looks really cool, yet it is asymmetrical!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. fynd

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, i guess im just kinda blind :p

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  8. fynd

Positive Ratings:
  9. FishyUberMuffin

aa FishyUberMuffin The Uber Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    This looks so awesome. Keep up the great work.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. fynd

Positive Ratings:
    Map is currently under serious renovation, expect it to be released a little later as i want to texture some more, i will also delete most of the map for sakes of balance, what i want to add is:
    • A few buildings near the spawn that will allow the soldiers and demos to wall jump aka rollout changes.
    • Lowering the roof everywhere.
    • Replacing the one big health pack with a medium pack (a big health pack makes it too easy to hold the point while on it without a med.
    • Adding a prop over the point to block scouts that were able to use the highground to easily go to the enemy team.
    • Covering the sight line that lets you to see from the point to the enemy spawn which is basically a sniper nerf
    • Making the spawns from scratch.
    These are the main changes i'll have (exept some small ones that aren't as important). After these i'll again need to update the screenshots as the entire map will be diffrent, in case i do something wrong i made a special v3_save file with everything from the current state of the map. I still might change my mind with a few listed changes, but only the time can tell.
    All information was collected thanks to the first playtest.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017