box selection question

wbuilder

L1: Registered
Sep 7, 2014
is there any way to select a lot of stuff at once. i am finding it quite difficult to go through my map and select everything in a specific area that i want to duplicate.

much thanks in advance
-wbuilder :)

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
The selection tool is the top most tool on your bar of tools to the left, make sure to have it selected. You can hold ctrl as you click things in the 3D view to select multiple specific things at once. Or in one of the grid views simply drag a box over the stuff you want to select. The grid box selection is less accurate but grabs everything, make sure to adjust it in all of the grid views or you might accidently select just your ground or sky when moving the whole level. Once you have your selection made hit enter, everything you have selected will be red.

If you want video tutorials for hammer or specifically TF2 mapping just ask for direction. We have a mapping tutorial sub forum as well.

wbuilder

L1: Registered
Sep 7, 2014
thank you very much. yes it is hard to find good mapping tutorials for someone who is not an absolute beginner but is still just starting out. a link would be great if you can find one you would like to share.

much much thanks
-wbuilder

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Here's a great place to start if you're mapping specifically for TF2. The rest of his videos are helpful.

In addition to him and the valve wiki we have a ton of tutorials here (Sorting by views might be a good idea even if the guides old, you can do that by click on 'views' on the top right. Some mapping techniques can be timeless.)

I personally learned my basics from this guy years ago. While half his tutorials are a bit dated I love his map creation breakdowns.

Last edited: