Bots

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by curlefry, Jul 3, 2008.

1. curlefry

curlefry L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Heya. I'm rather new to the whole server thing. Right now, I'm pretty settled down with having a simple 4 map cycle, and throwing up achievementbox_pyro and a password on the server when clan mates want to do achievements, but I have 1 question: Bots.

I've read the Bots page on the wiki, and I got pretty much all I wanted except for a few things:

1. How can you REMOVE or disconnect the bot? Simply kick it from the server?
    2. When I add bots, the player capacity goes down on Steam's server list as I add more, is there a way to prevent this?
    3. Last question: In a cfg file for achievementbox_pyro, to add multiple bots, I just throw in multiple commands, correct?

Thanks ahead of time for helping.

2. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    1. Kicking should work.

2. Increase the maxplayers?

3. Add:

Code:
    sv_cheats 1
    bot (settings, etc, however many bots)
    sv_cheats 0

3. curlefry

curlefry L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you kindly. Makes perfect sense.

4. ChickenHunter

ChickenHunter L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    but doesnt setting sv_cheats to 1 disable achievment gaining?

5. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    yeah, but as long as in the config you set it back to 0, all the players connections will detect it as 0 so achievements work.

6. Brandished

Brandished L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    There several tutorial vids on youtube for how to get the achievements. This one was the one I used to get the last of the medic ones I needed before Valve knocked down the requirements.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhqlDBJRZcQ"]YouTube - TF2 FREE ACHIEVEMENTS WITH BOTS!!![/ame]