Bots run straight off control point.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Carange, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Carange

Carange L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    In my map I have a raised platform as a control point, and the gatebots will run straight over it and then stand in spawn. I think it's to do with their behaiviour from the prerequisite settings restarting. I've tried to follow Alias' control point thread but my gatebots still don't work. So does anyone know how to fix it?

2. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    There's two main caveats with making a bot control point

- You need a func_nav_prerequisite on the point area and make it's target itself. This means when bots are on the point, they will constantly be told to run to the point (with their small deviation of their pathing algorithm, but that's not important here). This is ENABLED by default and DISABLED when the point is captured, thus the bots will no longer be told to constantly run to the entity and return to their original be

- Nav prerequisite, as far as I can tell, sends to the bot to the closest nav cell that comes under the target entity's volume (usually the prereq trigger that fills your control point). If the nav cell is larger than your capture area, they will not correctly stay in the area. Use nav_split or geometry changes to make sure that any nav cells under your capture zone are only under your capture zone and do not extend out of it.

3. Fillmore

Fillmore L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Do you have a func_nav_prerequisite on that control point? Does that func_nav_prerequisite point to itself? Also does your bot spawnroom have a func_nav_prerequisite that tells the gatebots to run to the func_nav_prerequisite you have on the control point?

4. Carange

Carange L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I've found a couple bugs and now they stand on the point for a second or so, but they then still run off to spawn. I've used nav_split on the point and other things but I still have no clue what's going wrong.