Bots problem

MOCOLONI

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 16, 2014
Although my comment won't be that helpful, I'll just add that on my maps bots don't avoid these areas as well. Whether they're made with brush entities, "nav_avoid" or "nav_mark_attribute AVOID", it just won't work. Perhaps TF2's bots work differently or something broke, a common thing nowadays with other Source functions.

Grubzer

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 3, 2016
Although my comment won't be that helpful, I'll just add that on my maps bots don't avoid these areas as well. Whether they're made with brush entities, "nav_avoid" or "nav_mark_attribute AVOID", it just won't work. Perhaps TF2's bots work differently or something broke, a common thing nowadays with other Source functions.
But in mvm using func_nav_avoid is how bomb carrier controlled

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
I think you need to specify tags for it to work.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
For example?
Try "common". In MvM, that's the default tag given to every bot. Dunno if it applies outside of MvM, but its worth a shot. If nothing else works, just delete those areas of the navmesh or use a locking door.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Wasn't it a func_nav_prefer entity?
It can be either, or both. Usually nav_avoid is preferred/required as nav_prefer isn't required by bots, only if the prefer area is closer than their destination.