borderlands 4 pack pre-purchase?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by drp, Oct 14, 2009.

1. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    anyone interested?
    a few of us did this for l4d2, so i thought id ask before i spend $10 extra.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Chaopsychochick

Chaopsychochick L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    If I had a job I would love to. Unfortunately, that lack of income makes it hard to justify getting new games. *shrugs*

Hopefully you can get a couple of people though. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    I thought the uk version had about the same price as one game of the four pack? OKay i dunno the prices in other countries, and for americans it'd probably suck a bit...

4. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Hm, I'd save 11-12 € if I did this, which is pretty good. I have a hard time deciding whether it's worth it or not, because Gearbox have done such a lousy job of hyping it and all that. I might get back to you about this soon.

5. cornontheCoD

cornontheCoD L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Does anyone know if you can buy the 4-pack after the game is released?

6. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I can't confirm it, but that's what they did for Left 4 Dead. You can still get the 4 pack for that game, so I assume this is how it will be for Borderlands and L4D2.

7. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    I still don't know what this game is about. I mean i know you can get a bazillion weapons and kill people, but the only gameplay videos ive seen are the player shooting enemies that are sitting still

8. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    its kind of like fallout3 with a multiplayer aspect.

9. Zerreth

Zerreth L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Well Me & The Wanderer are in for a 4pack :)

(added you to friends list btw)

10. HojoTheGreat

HojoTheGreat L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I might be able to be your fourth. I'm supposed to be in another foursome on another forum but we've been waiting for more people for a while. I'll let you know ASAP.

11. Caliostro

Caliostro L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Seems considerably worse than Fallout though... Graphically, in it's setting and gameplay wise...

Modern Warfare 2 and L4D2 are on higher up on my priority list though...

12. cornontheCoD

cornontheCoD L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ugh, don't know how you can say that, game looks amazing, and much better than fallout 3 at that.

13. Caliostro

Caliostro L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, graphics wise I can say that simply by stating a fact. Fallout 3 has higher quality graphics. You may like them more or less, but factually they're higher quality.

Personally though, I see Borderlands as stuck somewhere between the "realistic" look of Fallout, and a "wannabe" look that aims at something like TF2... And it manages to be neither.

Also, seeing gameplay videos where people take 10 million billion bullets before they die, the AI is stupider than moist shit, and "special" weapons seem more silly than interesting doesn't make it any more appealing.

Could be just a case of "horrible PR", and I'll want to take a look at it at some point, but currently Modern Warfare 2 seems more appealing.