KotH Bombshell

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by luxatile, Sep 26, 2013.

1. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    A long, long time ago, there was a spectacularly mediocre map known as koth_shell. It was the only map to ever please its creator (me!), but regardless, I grew tired of it and its numerous layout flaws. Now, I am proud to announce that its spiritual successor - koth_bombshell - contains 100% more Hydro dish, 68% less humongous rocket pit, and as much as 4% less mediocrity.

Bombshell is a big KOTH map built on a split level, with a large underground area. The control point can be captured both on the surface and in the underground - the central rocket replaces your standard capture point plate, and as long as you're near it, it can be captured.
    (Note: This is an experimental feature, and might be replaced with something else if people don't like it)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. nightwatch

aa nightwatch

Positive Ratings:
    It might be confusing to people at first because you're using the special delivery rocket as the control point, in the same way that putting healthpacks as prop_static might confuse people.
    Other than that it looks cool, but possibly could be squished in a little bit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Things I learned from the imp:

- Double layered cap makes it way too easy to block re-caps
    - Stupid sniper window needs to go, why is it there
    - Underground is too big