Bog

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by TheDarkerSideofYourShadow, Jan 12, 2010.

1. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Bog [Contest Entry?]

Bog is an invade type ctf map with symmetry about an axis, meant as an entry into contest 4.

A unique opportunity has arisen. While raiding a defunct Grey Gravel Company rocket base, you find that your enemies have decide to do the same. Your mission is to secure several tracking beacons from a section of the Grey outpost, and stow it away inside of the opposing team's cargo container, allowing you to track their whereabouts and eventually discover the location of their latest base.

Each team must vie for control of the flag (to be a tracking beacon of some sort), which spawns at the orange building in the center/side of the map. Then you must take the flag to an open container where the opposing team is loading up various supplies.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  2. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Can't wait. great name too, so satisfying to say..

3. The Gentlemanne

The Gentlemanne L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    will this be contest entry?

4. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

Positive Ratings:
    Updated discription/most screenshots. Wanted to upload the map tonight, but I found some errors (mostly visual) that I'd like to fix first. Should be up (and hopefully tested) tomorrow. I might just make it into this contest.

5. DaBeatzProject

aa DaBeatzProject

Positive Ratings:
    Yo bawg. Looks cool! :D I hope I can join a playtest sometime.

6. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    I expect people will complain that it's too dark.

7. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

Positive Ratings:
    My thoughts too Randdalf. But I haven't done any lighting besides a few lights in closed areas, and didn't really expect to do them at this stage of the map. I might add a few lights outside to brighten it up, but we'll see. I also need to get rid of those black shadows on my displacements.

8. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

Positive Ratings:
    There we go, got rid of those ugly black shadows on my displacements (switched nodraw to skybox). Now theres tons more light as well. Uploading the map as I type this (all that swamp stuff takes up a LOT of room).