Boat

Balloonsfor600

L1: Registered
Sep 7, 2009
Hey all,

I have a request. I need a boat for my map. It should be about 352 units tall by 1120 hammer units long by 480 hammer units wide. They don't have to be exact (except for the width) but somewhere near those measurements I have provided.

I have a concept sketch to sort of show what I am looking for. It needs to be done on a neutral pallet in TF2 terms (white, grays, browns). In the sketch, the shipping container can be ignored as I don't want it there anymore and the water line can as well - that was just for my reference.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. Whoever can help me out with this will get credit for their assistance naturally.

Any questions, comments - post here or PM me.

TF2Boat.jpg

FlavorRage

L4: Comfortable Member
Oct 12, 2008
I'd love to help, but I can't model! Bumping because that could be really useful.

Balloonsfor600

Sep 7, 2009
I did a mock-up for testing using two different rectangle brushes. That's how I got my sizes. :p Now I just need an actual model as I move more towards really getting down to the nitty gritty. I really don't want to release an alpha until I have this in, but this is the last thing I need for me to be ready to release the alpha.

Steff0o

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2009
I honestly dont think much people want to create a difficult model when they havent seen a map yet.

Balloonsfor600

Sep 7, 2009
Fair enough. Maybe some more work and then a big bump to this topic once I have shown it off. Thanks for the tip.

Robadob

Aug 2, 2008
I will require a boat aswell at some point, with all the curves its a pain to make the outline and anything below the deck properly from brushes.

Balloonsfor600

Sep 7, 2009
Well, I will try to get some working lights in my map and I will throw it up as an alpha_v1, sort of as a proof of concept and hopefully someone will be brave enough to do this as it seems like some other people are looking for this kind of resource.

You are right though, building it from brushes isn't easy. Right now I just have two rectangles of roughly the size it will take up. It looks like crap, but it is functional for what I need it for.

Balloonsfor600

Sep 7, 2009
OK. I have my map in beta and am just working on detailing and then replacing my work lighting, but I think that the idea comes across.

Here is a link to the thread. My request is the same, I am just hoping that with an example, perhaps somebody will consider this.

Last edited:

Balloonsfor600

Sep 7, 2009
The link is fixed. My mistake. Here it is again in case you don't want to scroll up.

Click Me!

Ginger

Jun 29, 2010
You want a boat for that>? Imo it'l either be too big or make the map look silly

Jakkarra

Aug 26, 2009
Not nessescarily. It would look quite nice as a centrepiece, i can think of at least one was it could be the central section of a map.

Balloonsfor600

Sep 7, 2009
Yeah - it acts as a center piece - trust me, the way it is planned - even if I have to size up a little bit, it will look good. The boat starts off to the side and moves into the center of the map after a certain number of captures forming a nice center piece for the map and creating an interesting shift in the dynamics of the map.