WANT ME TO BE REAL? MAKE ME.
aa
Jun 15, 2013
bloodfooled_header.png

bloodfooled.png

Banner by Startacker
Wake up bro... new april fool.

bloodfooled_theevent.png
It's April Fools! A time to celebrate and play a bunch of joke maps. You know this.

To submit a map, send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE on either the forums here, or on Discord (Startacker#5562) with your map. This map NEEDS to be your own.

That's all you need to know about... wait... I've been here before.

bloodfooled_whenwhere.png

TF2Maps US Server
April 1st, 2022. 2PM EDT (7PM UTC) - Convert to your time zone here.

bloodfooled_regulations.png

1. Standard rules apply to all maps submitted and to all players playing. If you're being a fool, you'll be removed.

2. Maps with notably heavy visual effects (flashing, rapid lights or etc) should be properly marked as such WHEN SUBMITTING. If you're unsure, ask around.

3. Maps using point_servercommands should be approved by Staff first before submitting.

4. Submission cutoff is Midnight (0:00), April 1st, 2022 in MDT or when I go to bed then.

5. I reserve the ability to reject any map for any reason I find suitable. Be nice, be responsible.​

Last edited:

Tang

wee snaw
aa
Aug 18, 2018
Awesome. But one question: Why is it called, "Bloodfooled"? Is there some specific guideline we are to follow, or is it simply a play on words?

Startacker!

aa
Jun 15, 2013
Awesome. But one question: Why is it called, "Bloodfooled"? Is there some specific guideline we are to follow, or is it simply a play on words?
It's a pun that I liked

T

The Asylum

two dumb questions:

1. do we have to make a submission on the map factory/downloads page, or can we just post the bzip on the discord?
2. i assume all maps will be packaged into a single rar/zip/whatever for fast/easy loading on gameday?

The reason why I ask is I'm making.... a surprise. And I want to try my best to keep it a surprise. I am, if nothing else, a showman.

B!scuit

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 12, 2016
do we have to make a submission on the map factory/downloads page, or can we just post the bzip on the discord?

To submit a map, send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE on either the forums here, or on Discord (Startacker#5562) with your map. This map NEEDS to be your own.
and for number 2, looking at last year's thread: https://tf2maps.net/threads/the-expedition-an-april-fools-gameday.43548/
it looks like Startacker! will share a .zip in this thread after receiving all submissions

There's also an april-fools-discussion thread in the discord (in the team-building exercises category) where you can discuss logic etc.
We're also planning some tests to try and keep the maps secret (from judges at least), would definitely recommend testing to make sure your map works & is somewhat balanced

Startacker!

aa
Jun 15, 2013
I've gotten 9 maps so far, I'm excited to see what everyone can send in before the event! If you need to, send in whatever works at a minimum and iterate before the event starts, I can be flexible.

T

The Asylum

Oh man my map is coming down to the wire. Without giving too much detail, every time I copy and paste I can feel Hammer crying for mercy.

Compiling now and hammer is screaming in agony

Last edited by a moderator: