Blogging about a project:

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Radenska, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Radenska

Radenska L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I recently had some nice progress in experimenting with a game mode variant. Here's some documentation of that progress, that I though others might be interested in:

http://digitalchemy.wordpress.com/2009/04/19/this-one-drops-a-payload/

Many thanks to the community maps that made most of the progress, and have been amazing reference (Waste/Sawmill/Depot).

2. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I read through it but I still couldn't quite understand it. Perhaps you could dumb it down for me?

3. Radenska

Positive Ratings:
    No problem! Sorry it wasn't as clear as it could have been perhaps. I just re-read it and realized the basic idea wasn't defined at all, just the ideas going into it, haha.

Basically, a neutral contested CP starts the match...either team can cap it. Whichever team Captures this point first gets access to a payload (Red, or Blue - both work).

Ideally, I'd want to design a level that has both payloads directed at going around to each teams' "back-door" of the base, sort of how Badwater does for RED...but much shorter. The point is that instead of the Map deciding what the teams are going to do from the get-go (which team attacks defend, etc.), the teams compete over it. I hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  4. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    So whatever team caps the first point are attackers, and the other team defenders?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Radenska

Positive Ratings:
    Exactly.