"blockbullets2" ?

MOCOLONI

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 16, 2014
I've recently spotted with a new tool texture named "blockbullets2". Looks like it only functions for TF2 since it appears even if you filter textures with "tf". Could anyone tell me what's its difference to the normal blockbullets?

Right now I think it doesn't block VIS (since the rest of its features are to block bullets, projectiles, physics & ragdolls), but it's just an idea.

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
That is exactly what it does. Since the assets from the recently introduced maps are now in the game, and blockbullets2 was used in sunshine as a blockbullets that doesnt cut vis by nature, we now have it.

MOCOLONI

Dec 16, 2014
That is exactly what it does. Since the assets from the recently introduced maps are now in the game, and blockbullets2 was used in sunshine as a blockbullets that doesnt cut vis by nature, we now have it.
That's nice to hear! I've been waiting for an option like this. Now I wonder how one does edit a tool's properties. Thanks!

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
Well before you could just use regular blockbullets and func_detail. Also i think ABS's pack changes regular block bullets to not but vis anyways.

I think you go about editing a tool's properties via an external program called VTFEdit.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Any old text editor will do.

MOCOLONI

Dec 16, 2014
Are you talking about editing the .vmt? That only contains the directories to the texture and properties shown in Hammer. There's nothing related to the tool's function on the built map.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Quite contrary. The material contains special flags that VBSP reads and acts on. It's how VBSP knows that blockbullets is blockbullets and skip is skip.

Here is the blockbullets2 material:
Code:
 "LightmappedGeneric"
{
"$basetexture" "Tools/toolsblockbullets"
"$translucent" 1
"$nodecal" 1
"%compileNodraw" 1
"%compileDetail" 1
"%keywords" "tf,Tools"
}

Compare with blockbullets:
Code:
"LightmappedGeneric"
{
   "$basetexture" "Tools/toolsblockbullets"
   "$translucent" 1
   "$nodecal" 1
   "%compileNodraw" 1
   "%keywords" "Tools"
}

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
This is basically just ABS's Blockbullets made into a stock asset

also included in sunshine's assets are grate and fence textures that don't let explosions through, reck_grate and reck_railing

seth

aa
May 31, 2013
No draw_viewmodel on MM is really,REALLY stupid. It's not like i'm getting a HUGE advantage if I hide my model.

And I'm still waiting for a proper config for the game... Or at least BETTER optimization... Pyros don't lag me,that's really good. But I'm still getting horrible fps.

Why would you post that here?