Blinding light when building cubemaps with HDR checked

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by SierraStorms, Nov 22, 2015.

1. SierraStorms

SierraStorms L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    My dynamic CP map keeps generating white blinding light when I build cubemaps with HDR checked. I've compiled and rebuild the cubemaps multiple times. After that failed, I decided to uncheck the HDR box in the run map window, and build cubemaps again. I haven't had a problem so far since I ran the map outside of Hammer a few times. The compile log has no errors except for the "can't load skybox file skybox/<skynamehere> to build the default cubemap!" error.

Attached Files:

2. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    Remember to build LDR and HDR cubemaps. LDR cubemaps in HDR mode will always show up with insane brightness.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. SierraStorms

SierraStorms L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks! Now when I build for LDR and HDR, I no longer have blinding sunlight. But now it's happening to the weapons and other reflective objects only. My friend tested out the a2 version of my map and sent me these screenshots. It no longer does this on my end.

I followed the instructions of this tutorial

Attached Files:

5. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
  6. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    That would be because your cubemaps are not built. You need to build them separately with HDR on and off.