Blend textures on normal brushes?

Sep 10, 2015
Is it possible to use blend textures on normal brushes that actually blend the textures and not show just one. Or will I be forced to use a displacement.

Aug 30, 2015
Well, technically it is possible, but you'd need to extract the texture files from tf2_misc_dir using GCFScape, and place them in your custom material folder. And of course you'd have to pack the textures in with your BSP every time you released a new version
So yes, possible, but not worth it

Inventorkid

L1: Registered
Oct 12, 2014
As the guy above me said, it's possible but way too much effort for too little reward. You can just have a completely flat displacement and paint on that, and have another brush underneath to seal the map.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Well, technically it is possible, but you'd need to extract the texture files from tf2_misc_dir using GCFScape, and place them in your custom material folder. And of course you'd have to pack the textures in with your BSP every time you released a new version
So yes, possible, but not worth it
Not really, because you can only do the actual alpha blending on a displacement. The dialog box literally isn't available anywhere else. I mean, if you really REALLY wanted to, you could probably do the blending externally in something like Paint Tool SAI and pack the resulting super-high-res texture into the map... but it'd be easier to just have perfectly flat displacements.