Black and Purple Squares

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Catalyst, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    They are appearing in my water and on my ground, I added cubemaps but it didnt fix. Could someone fix it for me please. Thanks In Advance

2. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
  3. Catalyst

Positive Ratings:
    The thing is I don't know how to place them correctly. Could someone do it for me and I will learn from example..

4. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Does not really matter were you place them (this is an achievement map after all) just build them like YM said and you should be fine.

5. Catalyst

Positive Ratings:
    I made one and chose a wall and skybox and it fixed my light being checkered. To fix my water what brushes do I select, same with my ground. and how do they work do I create one and select all bushes?

6. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    99% of the time you don't have to select or modify the texture of any brushes to fix cubemap issues.

All you need to do is plop an env_cubemap entity in the right place.

As a player runs around your map, the reflections they will see are generally based on whatever env_cubemap is nearest to them. At least to start out, don't go overboard with env_cubemap, you probably don't need more than one-per-room until you get towards the final release of your map.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010