KotH Billboard

Limeaide

L2: Junior Member
Jul 26, 2009
RED and BLU fight over the use of a billboard in what appears to be a hole in the ground that obscures the view to said billboard. Advertising is apparently serious business.

Thanks to Boojum Snark for his libraries.

Jeremy

L11: Posh Member
Oct 24, 2010
You should totally have the billboard change every time it is captured.

Anyway, there's not much to say with so few screenshots, so I'll shoot in the dark here and say the map looks quite small.

Limeaide

Jul 26, 2009
You should totally have the billboard change every time it is captured.

Anyway, there's not much to say with so few screenshots, so I'll shoot in the dark here and say the map looks quite small.

Yeah, the size is a bit lacking, I must admit. The billboard thing would be sweet, although you can only see it from one side of the map. Only one team would be able to see the changes!

Jeremy

Oct 24, 2010
Yeah, the size is a bit lacking, I must admit. The billboard thing would be sweet, although you can only see it from one side of the map. Only one team would be able to see the changes!
In that case, move the billboard so it's at the side of the map, rather than in the middle. Both teams should ideally experience the same visuals of a map, so either both teams see the billboard screen, or neither of them do.

Limeaide

Jul 26, 2009
In that case, move the billboard so it's at the side of the map, rather than in the middle. Both teams should ideally experience the same visuals of a map, so either both teams see the billboard screen, or neither of them do.

Well, the billboard also plays a key role of blocking up sightlines. That being said, I might just make it a double-sided billboard or something.

Jeremy

Oct 24, 2010
That would be a good idea.

Although why exactly is the billboard in a large pit in a canyon? You're more likely to find a billboard on Venus.

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
who is that billboard advertising to in that crater?

Limeaide

Jul 26, 2009
The billboard is in a hole in the ground because whoever built it does not know how to advertise properly, whoever paid for the ad on it does not know where the billboard actually is and whoever is fighting over it does not care about getting public attention, they just want to keep the other team from winning.

Also, early alpha. I'll probably reduce the size of the crater in later versions.