bigboned (heavy jump map)

Discussion in 'Non-Standard Maps' started by martijntje, Nov 12, 2014.

1. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    There are plenty of jump maps for demoman and soldier. There are even just jump maps for engineer and scout. However I could not find any jump maps for our soviet friend so I decided to make one.

An important warning: the map contains a point_servercommand to remove gloves of running urgently and the buffalo steak sandvich from players inventory. I am pretty sure someone could abuse this so run this map offline just to be safe.

It is best to use a shotgun on this map. Although you can use a minigun for the pumpkin bomb jumps a shotgun is much easier. You should not be able to use the gru or the steak and can only play as heavy. If you manage to finish the map as a different class let me know and I will see if I can fix it.

Touch the lava and you "die" (you get teleported to the latest checkpoint). Each full health kit indicates a checkpoint. Blue surfaces move or push you (trigger_push).

Currently there are only a few "levels" and aesthetically it is kept very simple. I will try to keep adding new jumps and do a proper art pass once I am satisfied with the jumps and mechanics.

Here is a quickly edited video of the jumps in the map so far:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
  2. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
  3. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    0:26 is a bullshit jump. you have to guess.

4. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    There's a penis joke in here somewhere...

5. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    It seems I uploaded an earlier version by accident. I updated the download.

6. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    no you see the hidden side earlier in the map, which is good design I would say. you should have seen that jump coming.

anyways, maybe you should put in some jumps that require you to jump-spinup around corners and stuff. it's like, the only essential heavy jump mechanic. I can't really come up with a way to filter minigun damage but you can probably figure something out (maybe requiring sandwich or some weapon stripping sorcery idk).

7. wareya

wareya L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I like it. This is a thing that should exist.