Beginner´s question

ink

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2009
Could someone please help me? I posted my copileloghere and it said that I had to remove the line ****leaked****, how can I do this? Also is that the reason my map look like this?

Cameron:D

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 28, 2008
A leak means that there is a hole into the world outside your map.
Imagine the game as being in a vacuum, and the playable part is full of air. if there is nothing to separate the two you get a leak and that is what causes the effect with the rendering too as it cant define what else it needs to draw in place of the void.

To fix it you need to make sure that there is no gaps from your main level to the outside. You should use a brush with the tools/toolsskybox texture on it to make sky, and most other textures can be used for walls, ground etc.

If you are still getting a leak, you can go map>load pointfile and it will draw a line from an entity through the hole to the void. If the line goes through a brush remember that displacements, props and entitys (ie func_detail) DO NOT seal the world.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
If VBSP is failing and not generating a pointfile then you have a critical error. Check your compile log.

ink

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2009
I did everything again (wasn´t hard, it is just a room) and VBSP is still not generating a pointfile. Perhaps it is asking too mutch but could someone please send me a single sealed room so I can see what exatly I am doing wrong?

Memento Mori

L2: Junior Member
Mar 25, 2008
You need to use the entity tool (looks a little bit like a chess piece) to put down an "env_cubemap". This does reflecty thingies.