Beachy

googleit

L1: Registered
Aug 5, 2009
a sprawling map with two opposing mining hamlets, with a gravel pit sheet metal mining style. separating these two tight twisting alleyways is a large beach, witha river and bridge inbetween, much like a larger 2fort, but the water laps the shore.

beneath the surface, a flooded caverns provide a sneakier abeit damper route beneath the havok above, which twist beneath defences into ungaurded areas.

this is my first map to be released but i have used hammer for a year or so and have made unfinished tf2 and l4d maps before, hoping to really push this one through before school!

• lots of raised areas for scouts, soldiers and demomen, which open up new paths

• wide unobstructive slight lines for snipers, but symetery between each side prevents the upper hand.

• many hidden paths through surrounding cliffs, perfect for the hidden assault
  • nooks and crannies for a spies advantage
  • intense street fighting areas, contrasted to gravelpit style open areas
nooks and crannies for spys to slip through

Last edited:

Waif

L7: Fancy Member
Mar 22, 2009
At least the description sounds enticing;)

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
And with the forum name "googleit"... If the creator can't take even that brief moment to get off their ass to participate in the community--let alone do a effective pitch--I don't see why I should bother googling for it.

googleit

Aug 5, 2009
opps, this has gone well. i do have some images, but they're in the wrong format. i've only just joined joined tf2maps, as it does seem to be a thriving and welcoming community, lol, but my pics should be up after this post. i'm just fixing the textures for the bit i'm taking a screen for, to make it look at least half way decent.
0.2, is becasue i havent finished the map completely, which i would call 1.0.

also, the download. if its not finished, i don't want to give out a messy .vmf

Last edited:

Don

L2: Junior Member
Jun 3, 2009
That is... a quite strenge map. Roofs are ugly too! :p

But as it is your firts map, I can understand that lack of roofing skills! XD

Keep it up, fill that big hole in your map, where it's going to insanely sniper friendly and then add some details. Release your map with alphas, betas and RC, not with 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, bla bla bla!

googleit

Aug 5, 2009
thanks for that opinion,i think the roof will be better with adding brushes to the top,and making them go over the edge of the buildings. how else could i imporve them?
also, the map is very early on, and the empty areas seen in those early screens should be filled with buildings and other things, it does look a bit bare at the moment. i'm trying very hard to make it as balanced as possible and stop snipers from dominating, most vantage points have at least one counter position.
hopefully, with some helpful playtesting, that can be ironed out

googleit

Aug 5, 2009
there we go, lots of pretty pics, and a download link. remember, the maps is still rough, and far from finished, and this is my first go.