Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Political Gamer, Nov 6, 2009.

1. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Anyone else getting this game? Its kinda like MW2 with a few changes... like dedicated servers!

[​IMG]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbYwVyaoNZk"]YouTube- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Multiplayer Gameplay 720p[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4n1VARiw9s"]YouTube- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 First Look[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZNCDzEqoCA"]YouTube- Battlefield Bad Company 2: Squad Stories[/ame]

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield:_Bad_Company_2]Wiki entry[/ame]

Official Website

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Locutus

Locutus L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Awesome sauce. Now I know what I'll be saving up for instead of buying MW2 which has like no features lol.

3. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Battlefield is generally a good series. I might get it.

4. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    anyone know if it will be on steam?

5. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    Definitely getting this, was looking forward to bad company until i found out it was consoles only :C

6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Bleh warfare games.

It does look pretty nicely detailed though some of those destruction effects were very nice.

Its EA so will probably be on steam. Just not UK steam until 2011. Curse you EA!!!

7. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    As long as it doesn't have jets like in BF2, I think I might buy it.

8. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Bad Company was a brilliant game, or atleast what i experienced in the demo was excellent. The humour in the single player is similar to what you would come to expect from Valve in TF2. It's not your average wargame.

This was one of the games i really wanted to get but didn't in the end because i didn't consider a console a worthwhile expense. But now there are more titles on the PS3, and prices have come down considerably, i am seriously considering investing in a PS3. Maybe for Christmas..

9. Caliostro

Caliostro L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Be still my beating heart.

This just picked up MWII, stabbed it in the face and kicked it in a ditch.

10. Urban

aa Urban

Positive Ratings:
    This game will be better than COD MW2, but will be ignored in the hype of yet another COD game coming out. Shame really considering all those people will miss out on true destructible environments and insane stunts on golf caddies.

11. Watterman

Watterman L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Battlefield originated on the PC and now they're bringing it back (to where it should be). I've been watching this for a while and it comes out on my b-day too!

If you mean it as an insult to the Battlefield Series or BF:BC let me just tell you that is not true at all.

Battlefield is far superior

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  12. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    How many players will this have?

I hope it's 64v64

13. Waif

Waif L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I always loved the sound of destructable environment, imagine nade spamming a cave and holding it off :p

14. Kronixx

Kronixx L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    as i type this i'm waiting for youtube's of it to buffer but will this game have the same humor that bad company had, cause the one trailer i saw definitely was not funny as it was scenes of a squad being blown to crap and no humor was in sight...but the bad company series from the first game were hilarious. Where's my humor, i want funnies! BUT, i won't hate it cause it's a serious game just a weird change in direction if one game had humor and this one doesn't but still has the same title. I'd find that weird

15. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    What's this? Role reversal!? CoD4 was the superior to BC1, but now BC2 is the superior to MW2?

16. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Its all about the dedicated servers. :O

17. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    He who controls the dedicated servers controls the universe.

18. Malcolm

Malcolm L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I played BF:BC2 while GamesCom 2009 in Cologne. Although this was the first time I had a XBox360-Gamepad in my hands, it was actually 20 funny minutes. But I will wait for the PC version, as it's the only way FPS are meant to be played...

I liked BF1942 to BF2, but then it started to realized that the physic and explosions system of the engine sucked. So I left out everything in between BF2 and now BF:BC2.

19. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    As disappointed as I am in DICE giving the BF series a story mode with BC, I am honestly looking forward to playing this. Hopefully it'll bring back some memories of the good ole' BF2142 days, with squads, and skill unlockables, and teamwork. I'm going to preorder the game from GameStop later on today; AKS-74U FTW.

20. Limesimme

Limesimme L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I already preordered the Limited edition @ webhallen.se
    I can't freaking wait, Desctruction 2.0 is gonna be gamerorgasm for me, since 1.0 already was great!
    One thing I hope they fix is the überaccurate enemies, annoyed the shit out of me in BC1
    [​IMG]
    For BF:BC2!