1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Bases

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by grahamwolfe, Jan 21, 2010.

1. grahamwolfe

grahamwolfe L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This is my first attempt at a map. I still need to tweak with the flavor of it but I feel the balance part might be done as well as the general layout and placement of things. All feedback is appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  2. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    Is this for the contest or not?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. grahamwolfe

Positive Ratings:
    I don't know about the contest, I just made this map. Is this forum for contest only maps?

4. Gundam

Gundam L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    looks good, but you might want to increase the size of some of the interior areas. In particular, the room in the third screenshot looks a bit cramped.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Mr.Blob

Mr.Blob L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like you have some massive sniper lines here. I also notice the HL2 textures in screenshot #5, that's not good for tf2. Try to add some cover outside ands all will be well. :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Flawless

Flawless L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    It's bit weird that this map is located in desert but there is so much grass... (yes I know there is river, but still...) other than that looking pretty good some desions on this map are a bit weird like how everything is so open etc..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Moose

Moose L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    First of all, replace those HL2 textures from pictures 1, 5, and 6 with TF2 ones, along with any others you have around the map. The middle area looks extremely boring and open, it's just totally flat and doesn't have any cover. (So, needless to say, add some!) Those battlements look like they'd give snipers an unholy amount of control over the entire map, so try and think of a way to solve that. If I have time, I'll run through the map and look for other things.

8. grahamwolfe

Positive Ratings:
    Ok about the replacing HL2 textures, whats the reasoning behind this? and how can I tell?

9. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Next time you are in the texture browser type tf into keywords and you will only get tf2 textures.

10. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    Half-Life textures in TF2 look ugly. If you ever take a good look at them, HL2 textures and models are more realistic, while TF2 keeps the cartoony look. There are other differences, but that's the one that's easiest to recognize.

11. Tapp

Tapp L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    replace the stone texture in screenshot one with a different, tf2 material and make the bridges wood or something, they're too shiny.