Bah error...

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by DrHaphazard, Jun 24, 2009.

1. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys I just got this error today, and im only posting here because I have only downloaded maps from tf2maps recently and I am wondering if any one else has had this...

Bad CRC for particles\water.pcf
    Bad CRC for particles\water_dx80.pcf
    Server is enforcing consistency for this file:
    particles\water_dx80.pcf

Host_Error: Server is enforcing file consistency for particles\water_dx80.pcf

...That's what its saying in console after I'm kicked when trying to join a server.

My quandry here is i can only find that file in the "team fortress 2 content.gcf" file in steamapps and I am not sure how to modify them, or if I should even try.

I have tried extracting those two files into a tf/particles folder I created but no change.

So like I said, wouldnt normally come here but my only modifications to TF2 lately have been downloading maps to playtest on the tf2maps server so I thought someone else might have run into this problem.

Thanks for any help.

2. MaGicBush

MaGicBush L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yea I get the same issue on some servers, it's because they have not updated to the latest version which came out today I believe(according to users at the steam forums).

3. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ah so there was, good, was thinking that one of the maps i downloaded was messing with me.

Many thanks bush.