Back to the drawing board, genius!

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
I've been learning how to make models lately and was starting to think about testing in-game. This looks like it'll make that a lot easier to figure out! :) I wasn't looking forward to researching model replacements and the like...

Apr 19, 2009
All News
FULL STORIES HEADLINES
17:29Team Fortress 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2
Fixed an exploit related to The Amputator.
Duel result notifications now show the winner's Steam avatar.
Fixed the alpha channel for CP_Yukon's donation stamp.
Fixed a client crash caused by overflowing the audio buffer.
The Earbuds and the Gentle Manne's Service Medal are now gift-wrappable.
Stock TF2 weapons with custom names or descriptions are now gift-wrappable.
Updated DeGroot Keep to fix a problem with missing models.
Fixed a server takeover exploit related to point_servercommand entities.
Fixed an exploit that allowed servers to circumvent the restrictions on commands they're allowed to force clients to issue.
Festive Winter Keys have been changed to regular MannCo Crate keys.

Nov 14, 2009
The Weapon Tester is a very cool feature: However, I think their time would be better spent making a good exporter for popular programs, like Maya.

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
^ agreed, I know how to use maya, and I can't be bothered to try other programs such as XSI. The reason I can't be bothered to make anything for tf2 is because it's such a bother trying to import and export the right files. Hopefully the tool they're talking about for compiling the mdl works with maya.

Rexy

The Kwisatz Haderach
aa
Dec 22, 2008
Where is the map that helps me test my environment assets? Huh? Where?

Oh, right...nevermind.

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
The Weapon Tester is a very cool feature: However, I think their time would be better spent making a good exporter for popular programs, like Maya.

They say they are working on tools for making building the mdl easier. That could include new smd exporters.