Aye, that's tha way ya do it!

Ginger

L4: Comfortable Member
Jun 29, 2010
Bout time they chose, but the links laggy on their site, thank god the croc guy won

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Seriously? None of the medic packs one?

*sigh* I hope they just release them all in one go, untested and unknown... like ripping off a band-aid. Or more appropriate, ripping the heart from a still breathing heavy.

Ninjilla

L420: High Member
Sep 13, 2008
Damn, I wish the Paratrooping SOldier had won, I dont like the tankbuster :/ (Im gonna guess the stats will have low damage, huge explosion radius)

PL-7764

L6: Sharp Member
Aug 4, 2009
Pyro is the only one of the winners I actually really liked while the contest was going on. Wish the flamethrower didn't look so professional though - it needs to be made from rusty car parts, held together with hundreds of feet of electrical tape.

Soldier stuff is too post-apocalyptic-gritty-military-world-ish to me. Why is it all pitch-black? Was the creator lazy, or just uncreative, or what? Doesn't come close to suiting TF2's brightly-colored art style IMO.

I know the croc Sniper pack was popular and all, but I just fail to see its appeal. At least it's decent weapons-wise... but I really hope Valve's smarter than to add the achievements in there. Seriously - achievements relating to wearing a certain hat?? We don't need them to be anymore necessary to gameplay than they are, thank you very much. (Unless it means a super-increased likelihood of getting one in a random drop ... otherwise, that's one achievement most people will never get.)

The Scout and Spy ones are just ... what. :facepalm: Neither one has anything at all to do with the character it represents. And I'm 99% sure they only chose that Scout one because of the fish. Which is not what a gameplay-changing addition should be based on.

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
The Degreaser (flamethrower) and Sydney Sleeper (sniper rifle) were probably my favorite models, I'm glad they made it. The Degreaser especially is such a neat idea, and the guy did a great job with the model.

The soldier pack is the only one I find kind of underwhelming. It looks good, just isn't as imaginative.

edit: I didn't really take notice of the spy one until now. Wow it's pretty cool. "They may not recall your face," hah.

Last edited:

sniprpenguin

Mar 14, 2008
Soldier stuff looks interesting. New alternate buff banner? Sign me up.

Scout just seems... too lulzy. And not in a good way.

Pyro, I'll wait until I see what the weapons actually do in-game.

Best thing about the Spy is the new knife. FINALLY.

Sniper just seems gimmicky, but it's a cool idea.

Ninjilla

Sep 13, 2008
Spy stuff looks great to me, an old ivory revolver, being an antique, fits the spy like a leather glove (that may or may not be soaked in blood).

Mar 23, 2010
Pyro stuff sucks.

QFT. the flamer looks like a decent weapon. but the models suck. <3'ing the scout stuff right now. the soldier now has a black box for a rocket launcher. :|

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
I think the spy's fits, French foreign legion and all.

Love the revolver and the crocodile stuff, pyro stuff won't load. The black box is meh, soldier hat looks like it's out of star wars.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
The spy, pyro, and sniper ones are all great IMO. Spy has elegant weaponry that fits his personality very well. The sniper's hat is rather dorky, but the dartgun and knife are amazing.

Scout is sort of meh. The fish is funny, and the pistol is nice, but otherwise meh.

The soldier however... it's nicely done, but frankly I don't think it looks like it fits the time period. It looks like a hunter-killer missle launcher from Warhammer 40K. :\

Kep

Ninjilla

Sep 13, 2008
I think the fish is lame (way too comical, I remember when TF2 had just guns and a medigun), and Im guessing the 4 shot pistol will be 4 times damage with 3 shots?

Da_Man

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 23, 2009
I kinda like the spy because of the whole Last Crusade homage thing. Granted, it doesn't have much to do with the spy beyond the secret society thing, and it looks cool.

Scout is meh, but I want to smack people in the face with a fish. The pistol looks snazzy.

The soldier's seems to Fallout-ish to fit with TF2, but the models looks well done. I don't know what the new bugle would do to replace the old one.

The Snipers looks cool, but there isn't enough water to justify the whole crocodile thing, unless the shield replacement blocks more than one backstab attempt, which would make it ridiculously overpowered without a big drawback.

Pyro looks nice, but the stuff doesn't seem old enough to be scavenged.

Ninjilla

Sep 13, 2008
Hmm, that would be cool if the new Bugle gave a slight overheal buff with slow (dispenser 1) heals in the area?

PL-7764

Aug 4, 2009
For the croc shield I think it'd be cool if it reduced damage from behind by, say, 40%, but also gave a 15% fire vulnerability or something. Too flimsy to protect from a backstab, unless it's an actual crocodile spine or something (looks like just stretched skin maybe).

Last edited:

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
I'm actually happy that these ones won,

The soldier pack looks really awesome, although the hat isn't one of the best ones.
But anyways, a new knife, atlast, interesting what stats will valve give to the knife..
The Sydney Sleeper is my favorite from all.

But the pyro and scout is pff, could be better.. they both got almost the same hat, so its really boring..