Auto PM new users usefull links - Welcome Messages

Jul 6, 2015
I suggest that new users be sent a message, (I was sent one by @drp but I dont think hes a bot) that would welcome players as I was. (if drp is a bot or can somehow PM every new player then disregard this message or maybe add the links im suggesting)
Note: PM = Conversation, but in every other forum its a private message.

The PM would contain links to Crash's youtube channel, or the youtube playlist of his tutorials, a few usefull sites, like the Valve mappers reference and the skybox list, and interlopers compile log error checker.

Also some instructions on how to get maps tested, and post to TF2Maps.net, as I had to post in the threads to find an answer, and apparently there was a thread made, but its never looked at: Boop

This message could also be update to suggest that new users perhaps enter new contests.
Ex Message:
(copied my "welcome here" message and edited it)

Welcome to TF2maps.net Mapping community and thank you for registering! We're excited to have you!

Please feel free to Introduce Yourself here. To change your user Settings & Options please check out your User CP on the top right.

If you are looking for help or Tutorials Please look at our Tutorials Section and our Mapping Link Resources thread. Also one of our senior staff members has created a valve advertised tutorial series for hammer.

Recently our forums have changed a bit, so to explain how to post your awesome map, read this thread.

If you'd like to jump right into the action, TF2Maps.net is hosting (example event) the 72hr Summer Mapping Contest.
We give you a BIG welcome to our Mapping community and really hope you enjoy your stay with us, we cannot wait to see your first creation!

- TF2Maps.net Staff and Community

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
DRP is not a bot but the forum is setup so that every new user receives a message from him since he's the root admin. It's automated, but I do agree the message needs updating.

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
We updated it about a month ago, all senior staff are participants in a conversation that starts:

Hi {user},

Welcome to TF2Maps! We're glad you decided to join us, and we hope you stick around and become a valued member of our community. Make sure you pop on over to the Introductions forum and let everyone know a bit about yourself.

If you're just getting started with mapping for TF2, head on over and watch Crash's How to make TF2 Maps video series. While you're learning, or even if you're a seasoned master Egan's Mapping resource links provide an invaluable plethora of knowledge.

If you're stuck with a mapping problem, post up a thread in the Mapping Questions forum. If you're having problems compiling your map, be sure to include a copy of your compile log surrounded in [code]...[/code] tags.

When your first map is done, head over to the Downloads Section and hit the "Add Download" button at the top right to upload it to our site and share it with the community! We run regular "impromptu events" from our Steam group chat, or you can submit your map to one of our gamedays.

If you have any other questions feel free to reply to this message and we'll do our best to help.

Regards,
- The Senior Staff Team