Aurora

MangyCarface

Mapper
aa
Feb 26, 2008
KOTH Aurora, as inherited from the original ctf_aurora, is an intel based map. You fight for control over a centrally located neutral intelligence, holding it for 3 minutes. The flag is restricted from exiting the center arena, so if you've got the flag, you're in it to win it.

Lots of fun, try it out, hectic as hell and hard to turtle. I will not tolerate whining players, so, yeah, the flag dropping mechanic can be confusing, but that's how things are :)

There is currently a bug- each team can drop the flag near their opponents base, thus rendering their opponents unable to grab it. Will be fixed in the future...

Acegikmo-Textures! Duh!

ABS- Entity help
Penguin- Entity start-off (sorry man, I had to abandon it all in the end :S)
Shmitz- CP models

Last edited:

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
MangyCarface - Denying to make things like Valve makes them since the day he was born.

Radaka

L420: High Member
May 24, 2009
I appreciate the lack of tolerance for stupid players, I really do :cool1:

Will we be testing this on any gamedays?

Tinker

aa
Oct 30, 2008
that's why you look at comments with a critic's eye instead of implementing every single thing, right?

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Looking good as usual Mangy!

I look forward to seeing how this one turns out when I play it.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Screenshot looks amazing, Is it a custom skybox? I really wanna play this as I am not a fan of KoTH as is, so it seems like a nice variation.

Last edited:

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
hm..got an issue
SGs down there ran out of ammo :DD
and were just click!click!...

Hellfire

L9: Fashionable Member
Jul 9, 2008
oh wait.
wrong thread,i meant ctf_aurora
RC version

Zwiffle

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 24, 2008
I like ctf_Aurora. I like Koth. I think I must try this out. The koth-not-really-koth idea seems pretty fun, great for casual games, wonder how good it would be for competitive gameplay? :) This mode seems like it would be a total meat grinder.

Feb 14, 2008
Ooooh looks cool, the intel starts on top of the hut I see.

We're playing this in a minute, so you'll have some feedback.

Jamster

L1: Registered
Oct 28, 2008
god damn, this map owns dude, koth done like this and your map remixed like that is a perfect match