attack/defend ctf scoring

l3eeron

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jan 4, 2008
Im using the attack/defend intel on my avantiville map.

gametypes.jpg

It works really good! I like the speed penalty for the flag carrier.

But there are some weird things going on, Im wondering if I could get a hand with...

#1 - When the flag carrier caps the flag, he doesnt get any points on the scoreboard. Instead, the game gives him 30 kills?! wtf? :confused1: Without going to detail, Ive tried adding score entities and for the life of me I cant get the map to add points on the scoreboard and not add 30 kills to the capper. The game keeps the team scores good, best of 3 wins, works perfect.

I'll post my .vmf when I get home, maybe someone that understand scoring a little better could a spend a few moments to take a look at my ents and make a suggestion.... Im all out of ideas to try! D

Thanks for reading :D

DrHaphazard

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 6, 2008
Hmm I have a map in which I use A/D flags to capture some cps. In it I do not get the 30 kills thing that you get when i cap the flag. I am wondering if the inclusion of a team_control_point_master somehow overrides the 30 kill thing.

Might wanna look into that, altho of course there might be HUD problems if the game things its actually a CP map instead of a CTF.

necro

L3: Member
Mar 24, 2008
l3eeron, did you ever find a solution or workaround for this? I've got the same exact problem. Without public scoring, capping points is kinda hollow.