Attaching lights/teleports to things.

Untouch

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 25, 2010
2 Questions.

1. Is there any light source that isn't a static object, no, not a dynamic light, that is still a static entity, you can't attach two static entites together.

2. If I try to attach an info_teleport to an object and it says it can't find it.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

EDIT: Using the phys_constraint entity if you're wondering.

Beamos

L2: Junior Member
May 14, 2008
1. Is there any light source that isn't a static object, no, not a dynamic light, that is still a static entity, you can't attach two static entites together.

So you want a light source that supports parenting but isn't dynamic? As in, you want a moveable light source that is static? That's not possible. A light source that can move and illuminate different surfaces as it moves is a light source that is calculated by the game. That's a dynamic light. Dynamic lighting is calculated ingame. A static light, which is what you want I think, is calculated by vrad.exe (a hammer compiler component), which is seperate from the game. Static lights are calculated outside of the game, and apply only to certain surfaces that can't change ingame (well, not normally). They are also far easier on the computer, because they're calculated in advance.