Assembly

Apr 19, 2009
Well they say 3rd times the charm and I hope it goes the same for mapping. This will be Gravel Pit map with a few twists to the formula. It takes after heavily after after other Gravel Pit type maps. Also all points will be open for capture even C just like Steel. However, capturing A or B will dynamically change the routes to the other points in ways not seen in any other map. More info on A1 coming in the next few days...

Oh and for the people who are wondering... yes both PLR_ Assembly and PL_Railway are now officially dead maps. :( However, I will not get rid of the .vmfs so one day they may come back from the dead. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
Sounds like a great idea Political... however I'm sorry If I sound rude but I find this a little infuriating. My map (which still seems to have yet even been commented on by anyone) is getting shoved off the front page because of this. Perhaps in my case nobody cares about my map, but I can't say the same for others that are having their projects pushed off because of this.

Best of luck to you on your map.

Last edited:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
reminds me of Observatory :D

From experience, I'd suggest you lock C until either A or B is captured.

Defending two points is hard enough, but three!?

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
however I'm sorry If I sound rude but I find this a little infuriating. My map (which still seems to have yet even been commented on by anyone) is getting shoved off the front page because of this.

Not in entirely same boat (I haz comments) but... yeah. To what extent is TF2Maps about promotion/hyper-building versus feedback? Can't do feedback on a Mystery Map.

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
You should come up with original concepts for point areas instead of "It's gonna be like this map, this map, and this map." Not trying to be harsh.

Mario Moonshine

L1: Registered
Aug 15, 2009
All that we know is that you're heavily basing it on 4 other maps. That implies to me that you're going to try and replicate those maps. Which is not okay. At all.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
:facepalm:

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
You should come up with original concepts for point areas instead of "It's gonna be like this map, this map, and this map." Not trying to be harsh.

All that we know is that you're heavily basing it on 4 other maps. That implies to me that you're going to try and replicate those maps. Which is not okay. At all.

I wouldn't say that. You can heavily base something on something else, and still have it very different. You don't need to take the exact layout, or sizes, or shapes. Hell, for all you know the "heavily based" part could be talking about detailing. Or basic "O" shape or something. If it does however turn out to be a problem, it should be changed. Rather than a hacked together map.

Anyway, lets stop passing judgement before we can see anything, anything at all.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Why even bother making a thread so early on? It's just setting yourself up for falling flat on your face when the idea doesn't work out and you don't release a first version.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Anyway, lets stop passing judgement before we can see anything, anything at all.
Hey, this whole forum is largely about passing some form of judgement. Not our fault the submission is a series of question marks and vagueness... :p

Apr 19, 2009
Why even bother making a thread so early on? It's just setting yourself up for falling flat on your face when the idea doesn't work out and you don't release a first version.
Thankfully for me all I have to do is change things back to normal Gavel Pit.

Oh and for the people who worried about it being to similar to the other maps, I am using them as reference and I guarantee they will not play the same way at all.

Kronixx

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 17, 2009
for the record people, political gamer has 1100 posts in this forum...i think he knows where the boundaries are of what he can and can't do without being shunned out of existence...give him a break and let's laugh at his questionable post and await patiently for his alpha, i personally like the fact he hasn't indulged us with every last minute, miniscule, unimportant, propped out screenshot yet, because when you see dev pictures of a map like that, you already know what to expect from the map. If the dev pictures look bad, you won't think highly of the map when its out. Think of christmas presents wrapped in newspaper, you gonna shove that present back and say "F--CK YOU!" or are you gonna open that shit and see what's inside? Seriously now...

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Think of christmas presents wrapped in newspaper, you gonna shove that present back and say "F--CK YOU!" or are you gonna open that shit and see what's inside? Seriously now...
A questionable analogy: Doesn't that mean there'd be a .bsp link somewhere to open?

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
Im so excited

and i just cant hide it

Sgt.Sausage

L420: High Member
Dec 5, 2008
This sounds great i cant wait. I am confident that this gamemode can work but it will require alot feedback and testing.

Good luck i love all the gameplay twists.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
for the record people, political gamer has 1100 posts

No offense to Political Gamer, but post count doesn't demonstrate anything. He's been here 4 and a half months and has 1100 posts, I've been here a year and a half and have 1300.

He's released.... no maps? And I've released... two and am working on a third.

He just posts more.