Assembly

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by The Political Gamer, Sep 4, 2009.

1. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Well they say 3rd times the charm and I hope it goes the same for mapping. This will be Gravel Pit map with a few twists to the formula. It takes after heavily after after other Gravel Pit type maps. Also all points will be open for capture even C just like Steel. However, capturing A or B will dynamically change the routes to the other points in ways not seen in any other map. More info on A1 coming in the next few days...

Oh and for the people who are wondering... yes both PLR_ Assembly and PL_Railway are now officially dead maps. :( However, I will not get rid of the .vmfs so one day they may come back from the dead. Only time will tell.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    ...oh please. Give content or I'm nuking this. Secret projects are fine but making a thread like this is downright pointless.

3. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Fine I will add more info. *grumble*

EDIT: Happy?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  4. Jack Riguel

Jack Riguel L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds like a great idea Political... however I'm sorry If I sound rude but I find this a little infuriating. My map (which still seems to have yet even been commented on by anyone) is getting shoved off the front page because of this. Perhaps in my case nobody cares about my map, but I can't say the same for others that are having their projects pushed off because of this.

Best of luck to you on your map.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  5. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    reminds me of Observatory :D

From experience, I'd suggest you lock C until either A or B is captured.

Defending two points is hard enough, but three!?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    Not in entirely same boat (I haz comments) but... yeah. To what extent is TF2Maps about promotion/hyper-building versus feedback? Can't do feedback on a Mystery Map.

7. Altaco

Altaco L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    You should come up with original concepts for point areas instead of "It's gonna be like this map, this map, and this map." Not trying to be harsh.

8. Mario Moonshine

Mario Moonshine L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    All that we know is that you're heavily basing it on 4 other maps. That implies to me that you're going to try and replicate those maps. Which is not okay. At all.

9. NovaSilisko

aa NovaSilisko L42: Life, the Universe and Everything

Positive Ratings:
    :facepalm:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    I wouldn't say that. You can heavily base something on something else, and still have it very different. You don't need to take the exact layout, or sizes, or shapes. Hell, for all you know the "heavily based" part could be talking about detailing. Or basic "O" shape or something. If it does however turn out to be a problem, it should be changed. Rather than a hacked together map.

Anyway, lets stop passing judgement before we can see anything, anything at all.

11. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Why even bother making a thread so early on? It's just setting yourself up for falling flat on your face when the idea doesn't work out and you don't release a first version.

12. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, this whole forum is largely about passing some form of judgement. Not our fault the submission is a series of question marks and vagueness... :p

13. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Thankfully for me all I have to do is change things back to normal Gavel Pit.

Oh and for the people who worried about it being to similar to the other maps, I am using them as reference and I guarantee they will not play the same way at all.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Kronixx

Kronixx L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    for the record people, political gamer has 1100 posts in this forum...i think he knows where the boundaries are of what he can and can't do without being shunned out of existence...give him a break and let's laugh at his questionable post and await patiently for his alpha, i personally like the fact he hasn't indulged us with every last minute, miniscule, unimportant, propped out screenshot yet, because when you see dev pictures of a map like that, you already know what to expect from the map. If the dev pictures look bad, you won't think highly of the map when its out. Think of christmas presents wrapped in newspaper, you gonna shove that present back and say "F--CK YOU!" or are you gonna open that shit and see what's inside? Seriously now...

15. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    A questionable analogy: Doesn't that mean there'd be a .bsp link somewhere to open?

16. Kronixx

Kronixx L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    it's not christmas yet, you can't open gifts early! You sinner :O

17. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Im so excited

and i just cant hide it

18. Sgt.Sausage

Sgt.Sausage L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    This sounds great i cant wait. I am confident that this gamemode can work but it will require alot feedback and testing.

Good luck i love all the gameplay twists.

19. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    No offense to Political Gamer, but post count doesn't demonstrate anything. He's been here 4 and a half months and has 1100 posts, I've been here a year and a half and have 1300.

He's released.... no maps? And I've released... two and am working on a third.

He just posts more.

20. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    I have made 4 maps including this one. Only this time I am really trying to do things right. :O