artpass_ueakcrash

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Crash, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Figured I'd toss it up to track my progress. I'm not happy with a bunch of it, but I think it's progressing decently. I've still got a lot of work left to do.

Some of the textures are just temporary.

Bonus screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. Mr. P. Kiwi

Mr. P. Kiwi L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I really like what you've done with the shack outside of BLU's spawn!
    (in the spawn, above the hallway to the outer gates there is a fence, maybe adding beams on top to make it look more fence-like)
    Good work so far!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks!

Yeah, I was trying to think of a way to make that look a bit better, I might try that.

Yep, I mentioned that in the post. A bit of a mis-fire. I figure a mod can drag it over when they see it.

5. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks whichever nameless mod threw it into it's proper spot.

6. Jetti

Jetti L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Lovin' the production line!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Massive screenshot bump:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone know what is causing the jaggy lighting in spots? I don't have any leaks. Also I know that overlay is cut off. Feedback greatly appreciated.

Also map file to come later, I forgot to rename it before I did my compile. :facepalm:

Also I should mention a lot of it is still WIP, I've been bouncing around all over the place.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  8. Draco18s

Draco18s L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Pipes are way too random.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I did it that way to disperse them all being in a straight line. The pipes are taking the place of the wall that is there on the stock version. I guess I could tone it down some, but I honestly really liked it.

10. Draco18s

Positive Ratings:
    Its too unrealistic. As its been stated in other threads, you shouldn't be bending pipes around obstacles that don't exist. Occasionally, yes, you'll find some realworld examples, but its generally the result of decades of building additional pipes and having to bend them around existing pipes (some of which may at a later date get removed, but usually not--my basement is like this with electrical wires). But this pipe isn't going around anything and is just zig-zagging willy nilly.

There's really no need to replicate the wall you removed with pipping (but if you want to, it'd be best to have the pipes run strait across the opening).

11. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    That pipe is actually mostly going around other pipes/ along a wall/ ceiling and curving to at 90* to it's destination. I think there is one extra bend (near the end of your arrow) just before it goes into the ceiling.

I'm going to take another look at that room, as that seems to be one of the main comments I'm getting.

Any other non-pipe related comments? Sort of dejecting to post that much progress to have one small area concentrated on so heavily.

12. Draco18s

Positive Ratings:
    As opposed to (either of the blue lines)?

Pipes aside it looks pretty nice (hey, I even did something like this!)