CP artpass STR1D3R

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by STR1D3R, Aug 28, 2010.

1. STR1D3R

STR1D3R L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey im new to the whole tf2 map creating but i have mucked around on it a fair it so i know what im doing :D

made some css n gmod maps but eh

so i ran through the map and it came to my head that the map looks like a massive egyptian/aztec type temple thats being "escavated" into a secret RED spy base (especially A and C).

this idea goes perfectly with the new spy weapons/hats from the polycount pack too

i havent done much so far but the BLU spawn is coming along nicely also done some ground blending

if anyone knows where to find flame particles for the lights or a tutorial that would be cool :)

2. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    Put a info_ligthing for your pillars, and please, try to vary more your brushwork and your texturing, maybe add sand in your respawn and do a piece very ancient. The lighting isn't good, decompile cp_egypt for an example of a good lighting (and for the flames)

3. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    It'll be interesting how you pull off that hut outside BLU spawn with the egypt theme.

4. STR1D3R

STR1D3R L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    thanks for the lighting tip

that was just a quick texture to see what the theme would first look like.

im creating some vines at the moment i thought it would be more unique to be near a desert

shouldnt of started the project so late into the comp :mellow: lol