CP Artpass Luckyg

luckyg

L1: Registered
Jul 24, 2009
Well Im a n00b at mapping so just basically having abit of fun, messing around in the sdk trying to get to grips with everything.

Im planning on going for a deserted/abandoned map style with items that have been destroyed or break during the gameplay.

Video Of The Spawn Room:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppr3GvbY_bE
(The ground textures at point B have changed since this video so they now go with the blu spawn to point A segment :))

Video Of The Laser Beam Of Death :p:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hEuReMFnow

Last edited:

Ninja

Aug 31, 2009
if your planning on submitting it, youve broken the key rule already, youve added an extra exit for BLU remove it if your going to submit ;)

luckyg

Jul 24, 2009
if your planning on submitting it, youve broken the key rule already, youve added an extra exit for BLU remove it if your going to submit ;)

i thought i could do something like that at spawn, but never mind then i will shut it off and rearrange stuff :D

The General

Jul 18, 2010
I like the detail of the Blue respawn.
But if you want to have a real a abonded feel to it, you may want to consider having some of the walls look like they are waring away.
Love the Laser beam of death!
But remember, you have already broken a rule, remove the other exit.

luckyg

Jul 24, 2009
Right im there abouts done with blue spawn now (bar fixing a few textures which don't want to match up for some reason :p) And i don't like the none see through windows much

Mr. P. Kiwi

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 22, 2009
Looks nice!
A question though: why's there a red rocket at blu's spawn?
I thought that was the way blu got to the red base but then I saw it was red...
You should make the detailing not only look good but also make sense!
Keep up the great work!

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
maybe because it crashed into the blue base as an attack.
at least that's what i get from the picture :D
but it doesn't look too convincing, yet^^

luckyg

Jul 24, 2009
yeh i couldn't find a blue model of it (will find one later)

im going to add fire to it aswell.

Thanks for the comments anyways :)

Infi^

Nov 3, 2009
Many models have different skins. Just in-case you didn't know, you go to the skins tab in the model viewer and see if there are any alternatives. This is often the case with props such as windows and team based models. Like I said, just in-case.

luckyg

Jul 24, 2009
Many models have different skins. Just in-case you didn't know, you go to the skins tab in the model viewer and see if there are any alternatives. This is often the case with props such as windows and team based models. Like I said, just in-case.

nah unfortunatly this model does not have other skins,

however I did find one, http://www.tf2maps.net/forums/showthread.php?ltr=R&t=12412

just need to ask the author if i can use it

EDIT: done.

Last edited:

luckyg

Jul 24, 2009
right I have started working on the bits outside the spawn now, I have made a rough semi garage model and then added a cliff and waterfall to the right hand side (with the snipers car on its side and it will be on fire when add the entities)