CP Artpass Dr. Zzaius

Dr. Zzaius

L1: Registered
Jul 25, 2010
So this is my entry, I havent got much experience with hammer so I dont think I can win, but it will still be beneficial to me and im enjoying it.

Ive gone with a night-alpine type theme, but im still experimenting with others. As you can probably see I've still got to finish lighting it as there are some dark spots and also some funky textures in some places and bare walls.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Also I have a couple of questions; when I add rain into the map it causes tf2 to crash after a few minutes, is this because I havent fully optimised it?

And also, is there anyway to get the Blu pickup to not glow gold? maybe a stupid question but I'd quite like to use it.

Jetti

L5: Dapper Member
May 2, 2010
The play area is WAY too dark. Have a look at PLR_Pipeline or CTF_doublecross and you will see thatg while the scenery is dark, the play area (where players are allowed to go) is very bright.
Yours is not.

Jack Riguel

L10: Glamorous Member
Jul 19, 2009
An impressive start! You're gonna want to add a bit more light though.

Your crash might have something to do with being unoptimized... yes, but I'd suggest you ask a question in the Map/Tut forum with a copy/paste of your compile log, might get some answers.

Apr 13, 2009
If I may make a couple of suggestions : try extending the rooftops a little beyond the edge of the walls, on all sides, tihs looks more natural, but you have to func_detail them, then, or they will really hack'n'slash your portals.
Generally speaking, you don't want to put a concrete block above a piece of wood. Put the heavier and more robust materials under the lighter ones : concrete/brick/steel armature -> wood -> corrugated metal

Dr. Zzaius

L1: Registered
Jul 25, 2010
The play area is WAY too dark. Have a look at PLR_Pipeline or CTF_doublecross and you will see thatg while the scenery is dark, the play area (where players are allowed to go) is very bright.
Yours is not.

Yeah I was thinking this earlier, I just think it looks good dark, but oh well. Thanks for the comments guys.

TerabyteST

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 18, 2009
I see you've changed some gameplay areas' shape. You might have to look into that.