Arrow Target Help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Stormcaller3801, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Stormcaller3801

Stormcaller3801 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Here's the deal: I'm trying to create moving targets that will let arrows stick into them. I've tried using func_brush, and that doesn't work- the arrows shatter. I've tried using func_breakable, same deal. Func_detail's out for obvious reasons, same with a normal brush.

So is there a way to do this?

2. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    Arrows break when colliding with entities (except prop_static). Therefore, probably not.

3. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    ^^^ right

Only on world brushes will arrows not break on. That's because they're considered a part of the actual world geometry. All brush entities, like func_brush, func_detail, func_physbox, etc, are not.

4. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    make an invisible model, just a slim plate with the size of your moving targets, give it an fully transparent texture, so it ainĀ“t visible and place it right in front of your target
    make it prop_dynamic and parent it to the moving entity
    arrows shot will then stick to the fully transparent model

5. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
  6. absurdistof

aa absurdistof

Positive Ratings:
    :O that exists?! That could be used for some seriously awesome slo-mo effects with bullets in hl2, like bullet time and such, then just kill the entity or something when you're done. :O!