1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

ARENA Arena_Secret Jungle 2016-04-20

Jungl-ey Arena!

1. a hippobottomus

a hippobottomus L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dryerlint

dryerlint L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just tried it out now. It looks nice on the screenshots, but unfortunately, all the trees are broken models, and the skybox also isn't working.

I see now that you intended for players to separately download the custom stuff. However, it's more user-friendly to pack custom content directly into your map file.

As for the layout, it might be a bit too open. However, I probably just feel this way because I can't see the trees. I'm guessing you wanted the trees to provide cover and obstacles.

Other than that, it looks pretty cool! The river is really nice and your displacements are good too.

Just get those custom models packed in and you should be good to go! Nice work!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sooshey

aa sooshey :3c

Positive Ratings:
    Maps with spaces or capital letters will not agree with some servers. Consider renaming to arena_secret_jungle or arena_secretjungle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. a hippobottomus

a hippobottomus L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    How exactly do i change the file so it includes the other stuff? i made a seperate file and put everything in it, but i cant find how to add the download in the owner controls.

5. dryerlint

dryerlint L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Read up on the BSPZip system: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/BSPZIP Basically, your BSP files can have other files (like models and textures) zipped inside of them.

To do this, use a tool like compilepal: https://github.com/ruarai/CompilePal

Unfortunately it's been a while since I last packed custom stuff into my map, so I don't really remember the specific process :/ Try asking in the Steam chat, they're usually helpful!

6. Mikroscopic

aa Mikroscopic

Positive Ratings:
    I generally use VIDE for all my content packing.