Resource icon

ARENA arena_holez_a2 A2

Zalgo

L1: Registered
Aug 1, 2016
arena_Potholes_a1 - small, trains and cool

Arena potholes, my first map, is still in the development process and will take some time to finish. I have a lot in mind for this map and, hopefully, it starts here. I hope you enjoy it and if any of you could give feedback on what needs to be implemented, (except for a control point because I don't want a control point) such as better lighting or make it bigger (doing both of those things currently). This is the a1 version and I hope to be getting it to a2,a3 and so on. Thank you for reading, have a good day!

DeleteMyAccount

Apr 8, 2016
You may want to add screenshots to encourage people to download your map. Guide here.

It's pretty dark so it's very difficult to see enemies and where you are going. While it is night it shouldn't be that dark. Here a few guides about lighting a map. One. Two.
There is a hole in the middle that you can't get out of unless you are a jumping class or you get killed.
On the BLU side when you go to get the health/ammo in front of spawn you fall in to a pothole that doesn't lead anywhere, you can't get out of and has a random pulsating light in it. I'm not sure why. Don't put the health above a huge pit.
There are floating trains in the sky.
There is no capture point. You should add one so that if there are hiders the other team has a way to win and draw them out.

Get the map play-tested.

Zalgo

Aug 1, 2016
Thank you for your feedback. I will be adressing these issues right away. My game shows it as fullbright so I dont notice the darkness. I don't know why but i've tried fixing it but it wont work. The hole in the middle of the map is ment to trap you there so you dont just stumble around. I'm also currently trying to make it bigger but im having issues. Thank you for the feedback though!

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Are you changing the version number on the update page like it asks? The system doesn't accept new files if the version is the same.

Zalgo

Aug 1, 2016
Hello all! Development will resume shortly!
Please expect an update in a week or less (im just about to update the download page to say that)

Bunker Junker

L3: Member
Jul 28, 2017
Please give us some photos while you're at it, as I want to see what I'm getting myself into.

Zalgo

Aug 1, 2016
Absolutely understandable, I will do once its in a better state than this heap of things i threw into a map.

Bunker Junker

Jul 28, 2017
Absolutely understandable, I will do once its in a better state than this heap of things i threw into a map.

Alright, till then I wish you the best.

Zalgo

Aug 1, 2016
URRGGGHHHH
I just did a whole load of additions to the map only for Hammer to crash on me...
Steam needs to do something about that. Even my autosaves arent there....

Bunker Junker

Jul 28, 2017
URRGGGHHHH
I just did a whole load of additions to the map only for Hammer to crash on me...
Heh, I know the pain too..

FishyUberMuffin

War Paints Everywhere
Apr 26, 2015
URRGGGHHHH
Those are the worst.

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
URRGGGHHHH
I've become so paranoid I save every* 5 seconds. Whenever I show my friends mapping, I hear this a lot, "Dude, you just saved, like, three times in a row without even changing anything." :p

Zalgo

Aug 1, 2016
It's been a while, hasn't it! I'm sorry but personal issues have arisen in between then and now. I want to sort my issues out before resuming so for now take this as an official pause on the development of this map.